Dicks sporting goods and excalibur bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Dicks sporting goods and excalibur bows

Post by longbow joe »

I have been treated very well over the years at my local dicks. On all products sneakers etc. My two girls are always buying something clothing wise there. I really like the score card system im always getting the checks for ten dollars back its nice to get "something back" . Sometimes they irk me by not having the simplest things .....like fletching cement lol. ..... but for the most they are really good with fishing and hunting basics. with returns also. Never an issue.
Sooo. Basically my big question is why do they not carry excalibur products and accessories? A year or two ago l actually saw a synthetic axiom on the shelf ....thats it just cheesy barnetts and wicked ridge. I don't even see flat nock bolts on the shelf . Whats the deal with them?.why would someone not sell such a simple straight forward product that dosnt hardly ever get returned.?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
NEPAbowhunter

Re: Dicks sporting goods and excalibur bows

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Dicks new Field and Stream store up here in Dickson City had 2 Micro 335's hanging in the archery/crossbow section when they opened last month. Went back a week later and one was gone.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I was never in a field & stream store.we had a gander mountain store for 2 months till they folded. Was Very disappointed in the archery dept.very expensive
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

You are about 45 minutes from Woody's. GO THERE. Buy the sneakers golf whatever at Dick's that you like. My point is I wish Excalibur would cut ties with chain stores. Even locally is Lancaster Archery, they carry Excalibur but don't know anything about them. Without a doubt there are many good crossbows out there BUT what other manufacture is producing recurves equivalent to the Excalibur. Basspro now owns Cabelas and I like them both but I still like to deal with the local independent shops.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

They don't have a contract with Excalibur and their distributors don't have one either and Excaliburs,Most likely would sell as fast .In a business like Dick's they need products that sell fast and the crossbows they have sell fast .
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

A couple years ago, maybe Sandy Hook, Dick's took all their black guns out of the store as a knee jerk response. I won't go in one now...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

A dicks here in California near me removed the animal heads from the walls because someone was offended
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
okie143

Post by okie143 »

When bow tech bought out excalibur they bow tech canceled a lot of distribution contracts with certain dealers.

That is why you don't see excalibur crossbows at Academy Sports anymore, at least around Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I saw an Excalibur in our Vermont Dick's just today.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Pretty sure they have them down at Haines city Florida Dicks. Or at least they used to
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I think I saw on the dealer web page that Dick's was a dealer I will have to check again . Just checked and they are listed as a dealer it could be up to the store manager to order and stock them.
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Bought my Excalibur Micro 335 at Field & Stream ( Dicks owned) on sale $765.00. South hills of Pittsburgh. I think they want the Excalibur sold at he higher end store. They say someday Dicks will do away with hunting equiptment. But has not happened yet
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

But I have to say Dicks prices are hard to beat. Field & Stream don't have a lot of sales. Only certain times of the year
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 pm
I was never in a field & stream store.we had a gander mountain store for 2 months till they folded. Was Very disappointed in the archery dept.very expensive
Dunhams in pa had 30% off sales micro 335 bow were going for $675.00..
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Dunhams in pa had 30% off sales micro 335 bow were going for $675.00..

i've never seen a price close to that for a 335
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE