Havin several Excals Hangin in Stringroom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Havin several Excals Hangin in Stringroom

Post by vixenmaster »

I find myself grabbin one more often than the others. In fact Marie Laveau n Captain Jack Sparrow have not even left the Cabin yet. Pipsqueak is the one, main reason is its the easiest to rope cock n its also the slowest in terms of speed. Its slower than the Cub
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Re: Havin several Excals Hangin in Stringroom

Post by SEW »

vixenmaster wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 pm
I find myself grabbin one more often than the others. In fact Marie Laveau n Captain Jack Sparrow have not even left the Cabin yet. Pipsqueak is the one, main reason is its the easiest to rope cock n its also the slowest in terms of speed. Its slower than the Cub
Mike, I have 4 hanging: 2 evening models (400,405) with Optimizers and lighted 2-8 Duralyts and 2 morning/daytime models
(M380 and 405 with XB75s). The decision is which of the 2 get to go. Hint: 405s.
Normous

Post by Normous »

My Mom just visited, smiled then laughed at my crossbow affliction when she say three hanging in the bedroom. My wife thinks it is so COOL to see herself in the bedroom mirrors with crossbows all around in the background reflection. :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mikej

Post by mikej »

I have 3 hanging as well Exocet 165 exomax and grizzley hoping to ad a micro soon
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
mikej

Post by mikej »

What is an optimizer ?
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
janesy

Post by janesy »

I had three for a while... As of 10 minutes ago I have three again. Same deal, only ever reach for the micro
Matrix is going up on the chopping block.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Normous wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 pm
My Mom just visited, smiled then laughed at my crossbow affliction when she say three hanging in the bedroom. My wife thinks it is so COOL to see herself in the bedroom mirrors with crossbows all around in the background reflection. :mrgreen:
That's a GREAT Wife Norm! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

vixenmaster wrote:
I'm asking for a friend. :lol: Are you into slow now Mike? :?: Again, asking for a friend. :lol: :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I use all my crossbows during the season giving all equal time. I find myself using the slower bows the most. Little vixen and adopted manco the ibex l love the ibex's thumbhole stock.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
I'm asking for a friend. :lol: Are you into slow now Mike? :?: Again, asking for a friend. :lol: :lol:
Truth is its the only one i feel comfortable rope cockin any more. The others all take the Crank, i shoot them but to me its more of a pia. Most of my shots come less than 30 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You get any cool weather yet Mike? Seems all the good days we get here I have to work.
Good luck!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 am
You get any cool weather yet Mike? Seems all the good days we get here I have to work.
Good luck!
Its goin to start on Mon. nice low 40's thats all i need cool Temps :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 am
xcaliber wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 am
Good luck!
Its goin to start on Mon. nice low 40's thats all i need cool Temps :D
Yep, Monday looks real good here too! Of course we're in the middle of a big project, so no way I'm getting a day off. :x
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

3 on the wall right now :D

I loved the 350 SE wich was my constant companion during this past Early season. :wink: I recently let go of it to fund the Brand new Micro 355 which recently took it's place.

I sure hope it meets my expectations and is as dependable and performs as well as the bow it replaced...

I'm planning on grabbing the new Micro often for late season starting in mid November for Mule Deer and Elk. I'm giving it "a shot" over the Matrix 380 and the Micro 335, both of which have also seen duty as my "GO TOO" bows, depending on how much country I have to cover on foot that day.

I have come to really appreciate a Munch mount atop a Micro while riding my shoulder using a sling during those extended walks. :D Which I admit are getting much shorter these days. :roll:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am goin to kill one more tick toter wid my Micro 335 n then put it up fer sale again. I am goin to box it n every thing that will go wid it. It will sell or live in the box til it does. I may get rid of anudder one later next Summer. I am goin to keep no more than 3 Excals n one Compound DS Scorpyd. I have gotten to where i don't care about have a half dz diff sized arrows n diff B-Heads fer all of them.
Half Bubble Off BD360