Black ops bull dog 400

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

Re: Black ops bull dog 400

Post by RobD »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm
I hope these sell out quick before my sleeping pill kicks in and then I order one and don't remember :roll: ... This is a great buy for sure.
I have the same thought process. Though I am not sure I really gain anything other than a scope upgrade over my 380, after reading a bunch of forum threads this afternoon. My therapist said I should buy it, I have a sneaky suspicion he works for Excalibur.

I own Excalibur, I am addicted...
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I really hope a 350 bulldog is in the works. If not I'll make it myself...... :mrgreen:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vertacre

Post by vertacre »

I stole one of theses bows early this summer from Ebay. I was looking for a 350le at the time, but saw the Bulldog about to sell and threw out a lowball bid. Ta Da. I had a new bow. I wasn't sure that I liked it at first, and it was not shooting anywhere near 400. But, after reading the long thread about how everyone's Bulldogs were shooting in the 380s, I took Peter's advice and moved my brace height back.

That significantly improved the performance, and after shooting all summer it is now my favorite bow. So, famous last words "I don't think I'll ever need to buy another bow."

I will add that the trigger stinks. The day season is over the trigger will go in for work.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I put a trigger tech trigger in mine
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Just ordered one
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
RobD

Post by RobD »

Species8472 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am
Just ordered one
Thumbs up for you. I'm still considering one myself, though I'm not sure why. SEW says it is only 5'/sec difference, but I'm not really needing more speed. Nobody has one locally, so I can't see if it is a better balanced bow or not. I'm thinking more about the slight increase in cocking effort and length of pull. More strain on my body as I approach age 50 (and beyond) for minimalistic gains.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

RobD

Post by RobD »

Just refreshed the web page... "Sold Out"
Congrats to the ones that bought one! I wasn't one of them, sticking with my Matrix 380.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

RobD wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:42 am
Species8472 wrote:
Just ordered one
Thumbs up for you. I'm still considering one myself, though I'm not sure why. SEW says it is only 5'/sec difference, but I'm not really needing more speed. Nobody has one locally, so I can't see if it is a better balanced bow or not. I'm thinking more about the slight increase in cocking effort and length of pull. More strain on my body as I approach age 50 (and beyond) for minimalistic gains.
Agreed. I currently own a 405, 380 and micro. This was not actually for me, it was for my brother-in-law who has been trying to get me to sell my 380 at a discount for the last 2 years. He is not internet savvy so I called him, told him the deal and asked if he wanted me to order one. He said for sure and will pick it up and cut me a check for it next time I see him.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
janesy

Post by janesy »

Species8472 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 pm
RobD wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:42 am
Species8472 wrote:
Just ordered one
Agreed. I currently own a 405, 380 and micro. This was not actually for me, it was for my brother-in-law who has been trying to get me to sell my 380 at a discount for the last 2 years. He is not internet savvy so I called him, told him the deal and asked if he wanted me to order one. He said for sure and will pick it up and cut me a check for it next time I see him.
Your a nice BIL. Better shoot it a few times, you know... To make sure it's all good. Just seems like the right thing to do
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

More available here but they are 160.00 more. This might be all we will see. You had to be quick to get the 839.00 deal.. :)

http://generalgun.ca/Excalibur-Bulldog-400-Black-Ops-EXCBOPS.htm
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Those guys has the supressor for 100 less last week , and free shipping

Also Cabela's offered Almost 200 off every model last night free shipping.
This has been a real test of the will power this past week
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:31 pm
Those guys has the supressor for 100 less last week , and free shipping

Also Cabela's offered Almost 200 off every model last night free shipping.
This has been a real test of the will power this past week
I have no Crossbow will power when I see a good deal.. Lol
janesy

Post by janesy »

I bought another micro last week. two in a week would have tipped off the warden.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:11 pm
I bought another micro last week. two in a week would have tipped off the warden.
lol!!
SEW

Post by SEW »

BD400 speed vs M380. BD400 IS 5’/sec faster.

Speed factors are arrow weight, string composition and weight, limb differences, brace height. Each xbow has an optimum brace height for speed. For the BD400 it is exactly as Peter says : 2” from riser rail junction. I also found my optimum BH for my M380

My test was at 12;30-1:30 PM. I took 3 speed readings of each, 3 yds from end of xbows. Since the string length of the M and BD is slightly different , I used different strings but of the same composition and make (factory blue) and they had 2gs difference. About as close as you can get.
I use the same arrow (397g), same limbs - switched limbs off of each so use each set of limbs on both xbows. So 2 tests with each xbow. One set of limbs was consistently 7’/sec faster than the other on each xbow.

The test: consistently I got 5’/sec faster with the BD. I know of no way a more precise, or more analytical test could have been performed.

Surprisingly, using the very same technic, the M380 vs the 405 was exactly 25’/sec faster with a 351g arrow.

I then tested the BD400, M380 and M405 with a 487g arrow. The extra draw length helps keep velocity up. All slowed of course, but the shortest draw length(3800 was hurt the most, with the 400 & 405 nearly the same but the longer draw length of the BD widened the difference between the M380 and BD’s initial 5’/sec difference. I forgot how much - I think 7’/sec.

These tests tested the actual differences with all variables removed.