Does the matrix bulldog 400 take the triggertech?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tomabbott

Does the matrix bulldog 400 take the triggertech?

Post by tomabbott »

After numerous limb failures on my 405, Excalibur graciously offered me a new matrix bulldog 400 for my old 405. THANK YOU EXCALIBUR!!! Now my question. I had a triggertech trigger in my 405. Will this swap into my new bow? Do I need to or are the triggers good on the matrix bulldog 400? Also, what are people doing to improve the bulldog? Flemish string? Trigger? I have a Hawke scope to replace the stock scope. Also what are people shooting with these? I used 150 grain bolt cutters on 405. Hate to switch everything over, but will if I get better results. I also use stock arrows. Anything better out there? Thanks

Tom
ThunderXB

Re: Does the matrix bulldog 400 take the triggertech?

Post by ThunderXB »

The triggers are interchangeable between the Matrix models and the Bulldog 400.

Everything you used for your 405 set up will work on the BD400.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Congrats on getting he BD 400. It's a great bow and will serve you well. The TT will be a fine upgrade!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I put a trigger tech in my bulldog 400
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
tomabbott

Post by tomabbott »

Thank you all for the quick responses....Good luck this season to you all...
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I love my BD400 with a TriggerTech. :D
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
SEW

Post by SEW »

ThunderXB wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 am
The triggers are interchangeable between the Matrix models and the Bulldog 400.

Everything you used for your 405 set up will work on the BD400.
I have both a M405 and a BD400. Equipped identically except for no Air Brakes on the BD: TT DS 2.5#, Dr Stirrup everything, Optimizer/Duralyt lighted 2-8, Flemish strings, double shrink wrapped arrow hold down spring, 20" ST, helical Blazers, 92g inserts, 125g Spitfires, Lumenocks. Same triggers, arrows, optics, etc. The string on the BD is slightly shorter due to limb mounting in the riser.
At first I preferred my M405; but now, it's a tie.

Limb breakage - I think the heating issue was real. For some, operator error was likely. But I really wonder about gouged limbs from sharp edges of the riser that were too tight to begin with. I've shot my 2 M405s and M380 likely 4,000-5,000 shots with hundreds of hours cocked while hunting. Never a problem!
But my least stressed xbow, the BD400 has had a broken limb. That limb was from a set of blemished limbs bought during the overheating time period. Those limbs had major gouge marks when I received them from Excalibur (they were blemished limbs, after all) right where the limb broke.
As soon as this hunting season is over, I'm going to remove all the limbs and check the size of the riser limb fit, gently smooth and polish any rough edges . I think this might be a major source of the breakage.