String replacement question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jcotrel1

String replacement question

Post by Jcotrel1 »

I hear of people replacing the string as soon as they get the bow. Are factory strings not good? Why replace a brand new string and what to replace it with?
Matrix Grizz2
18" Diablo
150gr Bolt Cutters
venison

Re: String replacement question

Post by venison »

Shoot till it s worn out then get a Flemish string the string you have is fine and more forgiving in case of a dry fire ...when you shoot your bow enough and are confident you won't dry fire it then get a Flemish string are a nice string to use on the Excalibur bow ...good luck Happy slaughtering
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Some folks just like certain strings over others. A lot of folks like the Flemish String style because they look great, and are double the strands in the loops. If you like the factory string, no reason to change it.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

venison wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:31 pm
Shoot till it s worn out then get a Flemish string the string you have is fine and more forgiving in case of a dry fire ...when you shoot your bow enough and are confident you won't dry fire it then get a Flemish string are a nice string to use on the Excalibur bow ...good luck Happy slaughtering
The factory string may not be safer depends on the model you have. This was the case with the Mag Tip bows.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

venison wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:31 pm
What's the flemish string going to do in a dry fire, the original won't?
I thought you could not dry fire with with a ADF? :?
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en you have the ADF it will stop the string, so jus a semi dryfire. Styles of strings n materials they are made of is a personal choice. I prefer a Flemish style string, its stronger n jus looks cool :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

vixenmaster wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 pm
If'en you have the ADF it will stop the string, so jus a semi dryfire. Styles of strings n materials they are made of is a personal choice. I prefer a Flemish style string, its stronger n jus looks cool :D
Also the bow is slower, correct?
New 420TD Assassin
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

yes a flemish will be a little slower. thats why i only shoot factory strings on my Gen1 335 Micro. it allows me to shoot 240-243 fps.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bigrak wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:15 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
That depends on the material type n strand count as to wether a enl is faster than the flemish. Its all about the weight of string, if'en i make a flemish that weighs the same as enl you should have same speed. Let me Clue y'all in on a top secret of strings n speed n arrow trajectory. 1st you take one crossbow that shoots a 400 gr arrow at 310 pfs, then take anudder that shoots 295 fps. You would be havin to measure in 16ths to see the diff at 40 yds between the 2 of them n their arrow trajectory
Half Bubble Off BD360

Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:50 am
bigrak wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:15 pm
vixenmaster wrote:
That depends on the material type n strand count as to wether a enl is faster than the flemish. Its all about the weight of string, if'en i make a flemish that weighs the same as enl you should have same speed. Let me Clue y'all in on a top secret of strings n speed n arrow trajectory. 1st you take one crossbow that shoots a 400 gr arrow at 310 pfs, then take anudder that shoots 295 fps. You would be havin to measure in 16ths to see the diff at 40 yds between the 2 of them n their arrow trajectory
And most shooters aren’t consistently good enough at 40 yards to know if it is the shooter or the arrow speed causing the difference, I know I’m not. Just my opinion.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

That is correct shooter error n you would need a high power fine xhair to actually shoot those one hole groups at 25/30 yds n so on. I can no longer shoot anything close to that good. I am most happy to get tennis ball size groups wid me B-Heads at 40-60 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

That is correct shooter error n you would need a high power fine xhair to actually shoot those one hole groups at 25/30 yds n so on. I can no longer shoot anything close to that good. I am most happy to get tennis ball size groups wid me B-Heads at 40-60 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

bigrak

Post by bigrak »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 pm
[url=https://postimg.org/image/2xbl2dpmkr/]Image[/url
Last edited by bigrak on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
New 420TD Assassin
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nice robin hood, but still the trajectory of a group will be almost impossible to see at shorter yardage. The momentum of arrow plays the factor, until you get on out bit in yardage then trajectory of the arrow weight will show
Half Bubble Off BD360

Fandex

Post by Fandex »

Nice shoot.
I learned hardly to avoid firing the same target ( with an excalibur crossbow, of course). Everyone should know that theses crossbow ( excalibur, of course) are deadly accurate, and to avoid expensive arrows replacement, i suggest to aim a different point every time.