Fantastic Gator Pictures of Dad & Daughter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Very impressive. You pull those things in by hand or do you have a reel of some sort?

Nick

Post by Guest »

Mark
It adds up pretty quickly. An out of State license is around $1000 vs. $250 in-state. To get a guide to take you on the airboat is another $575-$725. Then, the cost to process the gator for the meat and hide adds $300. Then, you have to pay to have the hide tanned. Then you have to pay somone to make wallet,purse etc. Of course Taxidermy is extra. (If my wife sees this, I will be the next victim of my crossbow!) You can get the price down by selling your gators, but no matter how you look at it, it is an expensive hunt.

Nick
You put on gloves and hand line them in, they run, drag the boat, you pull them in again, and again, until they tire.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks Beardog , sure does look like alota fun!!!!! We wont tell the wife about the extra costs.!!!!!! :twisted:

Gary, i hear ya $200.00 for the add ons alone!!!!!! :wink:

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk

Post by Guest »

Nice gators Dude, congrats.
By the way you need to adjust the brace height on your bow.
kendo kid

Pictures

Post by kendo kid »

Beardog,
How did you get the pictures on since we can not directly upload or go through yahoo etc. Need some guidance and good as you got for those gators. Can you keep the skin of does Florida take it?
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
BEARDOG

Post by BEARDOG »

GaryL was kind enough to post them for me. Afterwards, a found a recent post by Woody Williams explaining how to do it.

We do get to keep the hides. My daughter wants to make a purse, I want a belt, and my wife will want something for all the pain and suffering I put her through by taking our only child Gator hunting :wink:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

perdrix wrote:garyl, did I can use your picture on my forum (just put in a subject, and explain, it's the first time I see that!)??

tanks!
Perdrix, La question que vous demandez est. ..can vous utilisez mes images sur vous le forum, ceci est que vous demandez ?
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BEARDOG

Post by BEARDOG »

The guide who took us on his airboat called me today to ask me some questions on setting up the new Exomag he just bought! He was so impressed with my setup after seeing it in action, he said he wanted to duplicate mine and did not want to take a chance on buying the wrong crossbow. It has been a couple of weeks and he was still raving about it.

He has been guiding alligator hunts for over 10 years and said that I just taught an old dog a new trick.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

How much kick back you going too get fer setting
him up :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BEARDOG

Post by BEARDOG »

GaryL

Its funny. Before the hunt, he was so skeptical he would not of given me a nickle. Afterwards, his reaction is priceless.