Past Excalibur Models

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

okie143

Past Excalibur Models

Post by okie143 »

I emailed Excalibur Customer Service, (ECS), about my Axiom and ask them how long did they figure they would be able to replace the limbs, in case I broke one.

Dawn replied that she has limbs in the inventory but doesn't know how long they will last as she cannot predict warranty service on the axioms. I totally agree with that.

That being said, I was wondering if I need to sell it and buy a more current model to be closer to getting repair parts if I need them.

Is the trigger housings the same on all Excalibur crossbows?

I believe the scope mount is the same except for the ADF.

I believe the rails are a little longer and shorter on certain models.

And of course the coloring and string and scope.

But all I am wondering is if a limb cracks will another model, in the same feet per second, range work?
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
longbow joe

Re: Past Excalibur Models

Post by longbow joe »

If you really like the bow why not just order a set of limbs and shelf them .The triggers are all the same so you got almost eternal life. In reality you probably wont ever need the limbs .l love my old ibex its the same as yours with a thumbhole stock its a tacdriver.other than being a little long in the limbs l find it more precise and easier to cock than the newer models it just feels so smooooth.you never hear of anyone on the forum saying that their limbs grenaded or anything like that..After seeing what it can do to a large white tail there is really no reason to look at a more modern model in my opinion.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

The crossbows made when the Troubridges owned the company were bomb-proof. I can't imagine you ever needing replacement parts. My Exocet is 17 years old, has taken at least 50 deer, and is as good as new.
galamb

Post by galamb »

I shoot a Vixen II and don't have spare limbs for it and even though it's long discontinued I don't feel a need to grab up a pair.

Just from my shooting logs I "know" that I have well over 25,000 shots through it - probably closer to 30,000 because I don't log all my range time (but most). In that time I had two (at least partial) dry fires due to arrow malfunctions and once I had a stringing aid bust on me and the limbs smacked off concrete when it let go - that was on my second string change over 20,000 shots ago.

Also in that time I'm only on my fourth string and all of the ones I replaced are kept as "spares" because they are still serviceable. I change them every second spring "just because" I figure it's time.

The (earlier) 150/175 draw weight bows (Vixen/2, Phoenix, Axiom and Ibex) are the definition of "bullet proof". We sold I don't know how many of them while they were produced and I honestly don't remember a single customer coming back with an issue related to limbs - they just didn't break.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
mikej

Post by mikej »

The limbs are completely interchangeable on anything pre matrix , so I wouldn't imagine them being hard to get . I have an Exocet 165 from the 80's with an automatic safety that has been upgraded to mag tip limbs and it was a very easy swap
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
janesy

Post by janesy »

My buddy shoots an Axiom. And you would be hard-pressed to have a limb issue with that bow. That's a life long product right there.
BUT! That doesn't mean you won't back over it with your truck. So for 80, it's a good idea to buy a set of limbs.

also, reading that you are a disabled vet, much respect sir with tomorrow being The start to November and all, the Axiom is extremely easy to cock and shoot. So it's probably perfect for you .
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

After deer season my Exomax will be sent to Danny Miller for new limbs. The old ones have a splinter or two but no cracks that I can find. What I thought may be cracks look more like hairline lines in the camo dip.

I have no intentions of replacing it so new limbs will make it new for me.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35