Matrix 380 sometimes doesn't cock all the way

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xpert1111

Matrix 380 sometimes doesn't cock all the way

Post by xpert1111 »

Once in a while and I see no rhyme or reason my Matrix 380 does not cock all the way. It sometimes doesn't catch the trigger but only the anti dry fire latch. When i try to cock it when this happens it will not. I have to pull up on one handle as if I am trying to decock, press the anti dry fire release, then it will cock all the way to its normal position. Any ideas?
Bcwn

Re: Matrix 380 sometimes doesn't cock all the way

Post by Bcwn »

Thats weird, have you checked to make sure all your screws in the trigger housing are tight? Thats the best I got, but I promise you'll have an answer in an hour or so. Great group of folks on here.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It may sound goofy, but try popping the trigger before cocking again. Sometimes the trigger bounces back too much and half cocks. To remedy that, when you shoot, hold the trigger back tightly. Use an allen wrench to cock the trigger, not the ADF. Fire the bow making sure you hear the click of the trigger, then cock it all the way home normally.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Make sure the safety is not on while trying to cock.?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Correct! Excaliburs will not cock in the “safe” position. Set the safety to fire, cock the bow, then set to safe.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Bow is never in safe mode. My friend has the 380 as well and it happens to his too. Not often.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

are these 380-s resetting the latch? is it an aftermarket Trigger TECH trigger? are you using aftermarket screws on the scope base mount? ive seen too long a base screw can jam up a trigger latch.maybe debris in there or something. who knows til you send it in. i wouldnt play around. send it in warranty or to Danny Miller for a look.
NonTypicalCPA

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

My 380 does the same thing. After messing around with it I found a really simple fix when it happens...pull the trigger! That's all it takes. When the string is caught in the anti dry fire mechanism, just pull the trigger and the trigger latch will snap back to the open position. Then grab your handles and finish cocking the bow. I do have a TT trigger in mine. I can't remember if it did it before or not?