Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Another Cocked Bow/Time concern

Post by xcaliber »

Normous wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:55 pm
During target shooting are you shooting off of something like sand bags and then in the field off of a hard rail? The bow might "jump" a bit off of something hard.
Keith has a point, try shooting as you would in the field to determine your exact hunting POI.
Yep! Off hand shooting requires a lot of range time to be accurate shooting this way. I practice a lot doing it because I never get a shot in front of me when I'm on stand, so off hand shots are much more frequent. Practice in the hunting world is what I have been taught for many years.

Again,
Good Luck! You got this!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wabi

Post by wabi »

What was the distance to the deer?
What scope are you using?
wabi
Carphunter

Post by Carphunter »

just a short update. i'm fairly certain any issues i've had are due to brush strikes or lack of follow through.

that being said, i did do a couple of cocked bow vs time checks. both checks were done at 3 hours vs freshly cocked.

first time, didn't have a chrony, but just fired the bow at a target 40 yds away. both shots hit the bull in say 1.5 inch of each other.... so real world change in impact.

second test, did have a chrony... didn't check poi ... just speed. 3 hour draw shot at 342 fps, fresh draw shot 343 fps. so, at least 3 hours had a negligible effect.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

My brother in-law called me Weds night and said he shot a spike buck.He then said when he got to his stand he realized that his 330 had been sitting there cocked for 3 days and he didn't want to make all kinds of noise by uncocking and recocking it, so when the spike walked in he hoped for the best and took his shot. The arrow hit exactly where he was aiming and the deer only went 25 yards before piling up.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: