Best Headlight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbowman

Best Headlight

Post by bigbowman »

I bought an Atomic Beam Headlight from one of those gadget magazines that are considered junk mail. I read the ad and for some reason it caught my attention and for only $19.99, I would give it a try so I ordered it! Let me tell you, this light is awesome at night out in the field when you have to field dress a deer! Not only is it very well made, it's very sturdy and not cheap feeling at all! It is completely adjustable on your head even wearing a hat or beanie! The field of light is adjustable too, from a narrow light to a wide view of light! Very comfortable and the brightest headlight I've ever seen or used! It works on only 3 AAA batteries and is LED. I put batteries in it back in July when I received it and can't tell they are even used, bright as the first use! I definitely recommend this awesome light for anyone that can use one like this! Great for working on projects, cars, bikes, etc .... when hunting season is over too! Even has a dim taillight so anyone from behind can find you too.

Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
paulaboutform

Re: Best Headlight

Post by paulaboutform »

Looks good! I've only tried the Fenix HP25 as recommended to me by Normous and a few other forum members. I've been very happy with it the last three years.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Fenix HL55. Wear it almost all day every day. It is The Bomb!! I've got about two years on this one and it gets a three thumbs up!😳 Get the rechargeable batteries. IDE go broke buying AAA batteries as much as mine is on. Late forum member Pydpiper called the rechargeables " guiltless lumens"!
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Looks good. I have had several overs the years. They keep getting better each time I upgrade. I just bought a Bushnell 300 lumen rechargeable from Walmart. It uses a charging cord with a usb end. So far, extremely happy, and only $28.95 price. I have several Bushnell brand rechargeable lights now and all have been really good.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

as long as the light is creed led - you can't go wrong my daughter bought me a Bourit off ebay ,. I was thinking cheap junk.

I was quite impressed and one of the brightests I've ever owned. thk mine is 3000 lum - they have 12000's for a few bucks more

price ranges from 12- 25 dollars with free shipping batteries are the big lithium 3.7 volt 18650 and the great part they recharge right on the headset from 12v adaptor or any outlet.

they come in different light colors too red-green etc. along side the main white creed led . it's a little big and bulky but the way it lights up the blood trail - one hardly notices. After using it to track my deer this yr. story in contest. I thk it made a big difference . my b-inlaw wanted it!

especially handy in the woods and finding the trail to get out after dark. made it easy I won't go out after dark without it!

2 thumbs up in my book ! i'd buy the 12,000 lum next time
Normous

Post by Normous »

With all my needed gear going into the woods I put a good reliable lightweight headlamp high on my list because hands free lighting does have its advantages for hunters.

This fall Patti and I were using the new Fenix HP26R rechargeable headlanp with duel Focus and Wide beam functions, in Turbo mode it sends 450 lumens into the night.

What I like most about this light is it's single strap and internal rechargeable battery which makes the overall package very light weight and small to package and carry in a pocket till needed.

http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-hl26r.html
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I have no idea how many lumens it is but it will blind you if you stare at it! Here’s the info:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Never Be Stuck in the Dark Again

Atomic Beam Headlight looks where you look, keeping your hands free for any task or activity. It swivels 90degree to change the angle of the ultra-bright beam, which shines up to 40X brighter than ordinary flashlights. It also provides the right amount of light, as a floodlight or spotlight, and directs it exactly where you need it.

Perfect for Emergencies

Blow a fuse or need to change a tire at night? Here's the perfect tool to help you do the job right. You won't need one hand to hold a flashlight or place the flashlight on the ground at just the right angle, hoping it won't move. Easily fastens around your head to keep both hands free, making the project easier.

Great for Any Evening Activity

It's lightweight and portable, tough and durable. Take it camping to provide tactical-grade lighting, or use while running or biking so you can easily be seen by oncoming traffic. Uses 3 AAA batteries (not included). Black. Plastic.

Keeps Hands Free for Any Task
Perfect for Emergencies or Any Evening Activity
3 Beam Modes – High, Low, Strobe
Adjustable Focus – From Spotlight to Floodlight
Up to 40X Brighter than Ordinary Flashlights
Get It Here First – As Seen on TV

Like I stated, I put 3 AAA batteries in it back in July and can’t even tell if the batteries lost any charge! I use this quite often, especially when making up my arrows. Was cheap and bright!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
catclr

Post by catclr »

Quote-----"I have no idea how many lumens it is but it will blind you if you stare at it! "

5000 lumens per their web site.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have a Black Diamond that ran about $23. It kicks but for me. 3 AAA batteries, and they last the whole season. Probably no where near the best, but it does what I need. I will try the Fenix though, read too many good reviews about them.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
PSEWOOD

Post by PSEWOOD »

I got this one.http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-th20-high-output-and-light-weight-aa-battery-led-headlamp/ and really like it!
wabi

Post by wabi »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 pm
Fenix HL55. Wear it almost all day every day. It is The Bomb!! I've got about two years on this one and it gets a three thumbs up!😳 Get the rechargeable batteries. IDE go broke buying AAA batteries as much as mine is on. Late forum member Pydpiper called the rechargeables " guiltless lumens"!
I have used the Fenix HL55 for several years now and love it when I need a good bright light. I also keep a Petzl Zipka in my truck for an extremely small, lightweight option. Neither one of those is all that great for long-distance illumination, but for things like blood trailing or tying fishing rigs at night both work well.
The HL55 uses an 18650 rechargable or 2 CR123A batteries (I use an 18650 but keep a couple CR123A handy as a backup), and the Petzl Zipka uses 3 AAA batteries.
wabi
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

I have one and find it great for tacking deer blood trials show up quick and it is as bright as they say it is :D
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

fenix has a cyber Monday sale going -- looks like 20% off ends tonight!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Who's selling? Fenix doesn't usually direct sell to the public, do they?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

yep fenix store webpage code for20% with free delivery

https://www.fenix-store.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Fenix-Store%20SO&utm_term=fenix&utm_content=Fenix%20Flashlights%20GSO