Not my day.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

Not my day.

Post by Butt »

Had one of those days this morning, you know, the ones where you just should have stayed in bed. Started off the drive over to the property 5:00am this morning when a black cat decided to run across the road in front of me, I locked her up and almost ditched her :x Then I quietly got into my tree stand never made one bit of noise until my flashlight drop out of my pocket and rang off my treestand footings@#$!*..... :evil: Sat until 8:00am and heard some commotion to the right of me. Turns out two coyotes decided to visit me. Do you think one of them would step into my shooting lanes, no way :evil: :evil: .Well that was enough of the outting. So I headed back to my car and noticed I had a flat tire :evil: :evil: Well that was my day off, I hope its the last of that kind.Until next time.............

Good huntin Butt
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

BUTT
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I had a black cat run across my path on my way to my spot on my first outing for deer this year, and thought at that time I should just turn around right now. As it turns out I should have. Stumbled into my spot, couldn't find it right away, made too much noise walking in circles, finally found my spot, only to be chow for the mosquitoes. I think I had over fifty bites on my hands before the sun came up.The wind was gusting at 80km/h. It then started to rain.

Personally I've never had an easy big game hunt. There has always been some hardship or difficulty to overcome prior to and often after I have made a kill. Take my 2002 bear hunt. A week before I was supposed to go, I had over $3000 worth of hunting gear stolen, including my brand new 45-70 Guide Gun, which I spent many hours at the range and at home perfecting my handloads. Then I had to endure the tail end of a hurricane, a baitsite with no activity despite three weeks of baiting.After four days of still hunting for bear I switched gears and went after some grouse. While out grouse hunting I come across a bear 60 feet up a tree eating nuts, while my rifle(my shotgun only had #6 birdshot) is back at camp, which is a mile hike plus a half mile canoe trip away. Well I damn near killed myself running and paddling, and made it back with the bear still in the tree, only to have it scramble down towards me and my backup rifle misfire on the first attempt to shoot the bear. But I did get that bear, at a distance of thirty feet, and now it is a very memorable hunt that I will forever cherish.