O/T - does anyone here own a recent GMC Canyon?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Re: O/T - does anyone here own a recent GMC Canyon?

Post by mikej »

Couldn’t agree more I just got an 18 f150 I absolutely love it
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Boo

Post by Boo »

Its done. Bought one.
Thank you all for your input!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:15 pm
Its done. Bought one.
Pics?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm
Boo wrote:
Its done. Bought one.
Pics?
X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think this is hilarious....... were so worn out from arguing and debating about crossbows its something different to haggle about. .....congradulations boo for buying a government bailout product ...no seriously post after a year or two and prove us all wrong. Good luck with your truck as l said most modern vehicles are all pretty good.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think in russia you get like one car for the rest of your life so l guess were all pretty lucky.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Hmmmm .... buying a government bailout and aiding to citizens getting a few bucks back or buy a Japanese vehicle where citizens get nothing back! Thanks Don for getting us a few bux back!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The true lesson is that the Japanese made a quality product that Americans flocked to buy even though most Japanese cars actually cost more. One example is general motors and the steel and alluminum motors and failing head gaskets trying to mate two different metals with a failing head gasket. Since the bailout the Americans finally have "discovered " the alluminum block and top end that has worked on Japanese and European cars for years. Yes ....good things came from the bailout the American auto makers learned that we wont settle for something that is sub standard to the rest of the world.a friend of mines daughter died in a gm car ...a cobalt that gm drug their feet to recall the faulty ignition this is always on my mind also.so im sorry for jumping ship and being un American.The coast guard has done exhausting testing on wanting the most reliable bullit proof outboard motor .....they have gone to honda yes it is a shame but competition makes and keeps use all on our toes.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

When it comes to vehicles I usually do the opposite of everyone else and buy older. My newest vehicle is a 03 h2 with a drivetrain of a 08 gmc 3500 duramax. Reliability has come a long way as far as Vehicles are concerned in the last decade or so, computers have taken the idiot away from the controls. Sure each maker has a known flaw in something somewhere. Sometimes its a specific eng, or a transmission. Sometimes its small things like window regulators or electric van doors. As a tech I'm sure your aware of this Don. Toyota, cheb, ferd, Nissan, kia Hyundai Honda etc etc. all have come a long way. when someone asks me what they should buy I usually reply with just pick your poison. All of them want you to buy theirs and they are all made to be repaired. Ford guy may have to fix his timing chain, Toyota rav4 has to have a new rear diff, chev 5.3 has oil consumption you get the idea. If 2 dudes buy the same model truck at the same dealership on the same day I guarantee ya one will claim after 10 years that it was the best truck hes ever owned and the other will say its the biggest lemon hes ever had.

I say congrats on the purchase man! from a Honda, chev, dodge, Hyundai, Toyota, ford.., fan. (But not Nissan. I just don't like Nissan don't know why)
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Well said one shot. Im sure you see the same people as l ,that can kill any brand car in a year or twos time. Thats what keeps us in business. Lol
Boo

Post by Boo »

Most people, including younger techs, don't realize how much better things are for the car owner. When I started my apprenticeship in 1977, engines, transmissions and diffs had a difficult time getting past the 100,000 mile mark. Within a few years, I was rebuilding one of those 3 once a week. If it wasn't a complete engine, it was a head, standard trany or a diff. Exhausts and shocks every 2 to 4 years was a norm.
Joe, you're right, I swear there are aliens driving these vehicles! We had a guy towed in with his serpentine belt broken, 2 pulleys melted off and a rad with a big fat hole in it. He never heard a thing until it stopped :shock: Right! Whatever! Idiot! I swear that some people take stupid pills while driving :mrgreen:
I'm a bit aprehensive because this is a Denali and normally I don't buy fence stuff. My BMW is as plain as you can get, just like my past cars. Manual windows, locks and non-auto is my MO, but you can't get that stuff any more! What the fudge!
This Denali is also a diesel. Against the advice of a man I respect, I bought this oil burner. My recent experience with my BMW, tractor, RTV and lawn tractor has changed my mind about diesels. But we shall see!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good thing about diesel, they don't use any gas! :lol: :lol:
Let's see some pictures! Congrats Don, hope she treats you well.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm
flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm
Boo wrote:
Its done. Bought one.
Pics?
X2!
It has to be shipped so I might see it on Saturday. I'll post some pics when I have time but I barely have time to fart recently. First red vehicle I've owned! Had a bad dream last night that every gizmo started to act up intermittently! LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Post by newbie »

Congrats on the new wheels Don although I'm a little disappointed in the colour :roll:
I agree with the new diesels I hate em. Too much time in the shop.... seems we need to have 3 for every 2 drivers at work.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!