308 Short Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

308 Short Review

Post by Sloppy Does »

Shot one today it was the Mossy Oak model without suppression. Very light and small. It Seems much smaller than even a Micro 335. It was very easy to cock (I'm used to Micro 335's, 355's and the Bulldog 380) so that's what I'm comparing it to. It was very nice and a pleasure to cock and shoot. Through the chronograph it shot 314 with the factory arrows which weighed a total of 354gr. The only thing I didn't like was how shiny the riser was on the one I shot but over all it was great. Hard to believe something that small and that easy to cock can churn out that speed. I would certainly recommend this bow to someone with a need for what this bow offers.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
xcaliber

Re: 308 Short Review

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like it has a place to fit in with may hunters. Thanks for the review!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I could see myself purchesing this bow . I think its pleanty fast for my pa 30 yard shots. Its gotta be reliable because of the non stressed limbs. I kinda lent my original micro 335 to my brother im gonna think of a buyout $ for him hopefully he will take the deal. And l can swing a 308. I would like to buy a naked one as l have done with my others. Its not the bow its all the other stuff. Scope ,,trigger,mounts,etc. That gets to be the hassle. I wish it was total camo rail n all . Or l would ba more easily hooked . Thanks for the review.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
yar

Post by yar »

The lop is 1" shorter than the other micros as well as overall length is shorter . My variation the is the Banshee with all the suppression goodies is a bit slower , 300-301 fps with 354 gr arrows. Plenty fast enough for me. In fact I will probably up my point/head weight to 125 gr from 100 to increase my FOC. Its great to see your getting higher fps than advertised . The short draw length is a definite advantage. I am very impressed so far.
Ragumup

Post by Ragumup »

How long is the power stroke ? 8/9 inch ? Not sure why excalibur is now taking about draw length instead ...
galamb

Post by galamb »

Probably have gone to "draw length" instead of power stroke due to the inclusion of crossbows in the archery season in many more jurisdictions.

The regulations for "minimum bow" are all worded differently. Some (Ontario as an example) talk about minimum "draw length" (11.8") and minimum "draw weight" (99.2 lbs) for Deer.

Nobody seems to write regulations with a minimum/maximum "power stroke", so Excal is probably just starting to use the more popular terminology.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS