taking the plunge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

taking the plunge

Post by xbowrook »

was sitting and thinking of my boy and how he has taken to hunting so well.. then realized he will be a fully graduated hunter next year ( currently an apprentice hunter).. so, i have to get a crossbow as the one i have now ( the excalibur axiom smf) is his... so, contacted my local bow shop as i wanted to see the new line of Excal's... went there and held the new Matrix 330 bulldog suppressed.. made a down payment on it to hold it and hope to make it up there this week to pay it off... man, what a sweet looking and feeling crossbow... everywhere else is $749 - $799.. he has a christmas sale on right now and I am picking it up for $649... can't wait... will post pics once she is home..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
xcaliber

Re: taking the plunge

Post by xcaliber »

Sweet, sounds great!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Can't beat G&K archery!

:)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

He will be happy with it . seems like a good choice.
W.M.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the new bow!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

W.Miguire wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am
He will be happy with it . seems like a good choice.
W.M.
thanks.. but this one is mine..lol.. he likes his Axiom, shot his first ever deer with it this year..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
quake

Post by quake »

You made a good choice! Congrats!
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My first crossbow was a m330 .what a great bow. That bulldog will last many years.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Lucky kid; good Dad.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Congratulations on the new tool you will love it.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Arrowflinger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 pm
Lucky kid; good Dad.
thank you.. i have done my best to try and get him set up so when he gets older he will have most, if not everything, he needs.. so far he has the Axiom ( Like i said earlier, bought it for him a couple years ago), bought him a used Mossberg model 500 12 gauge shotgun ( for this Christmas), 2 hang on stands, a bunch of hunting clothes.. want to get a couple more 2 man ladder stands and get him a blind ( for deer but mostly thinking of turkey hunting)... .. love spending time with him in the stand, watching him learn stuff ... watching him see things for the first time, reminds me of myself when I first saw and learned those things.. spend a lot of time teaching him about deer patterns, and how to track deer , etc... it's a ton of fun..
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like you guys are going to have a lot of time together hunting. Those memories will last both of you the rest of your life. Enjoy! Can't wait to see some pictures of you guys with the bows, and some trophies.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

xbowrook wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:46 am
Arrowflinger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 pm
Lucky kid; good Dad.
thank you.. i have done my best to try and get him set up so when he gets older he will have most, if not everything, he needs.. so far he has the Axiom ( Like i said earlier, bought it for him a couple years ago), bought him a used Mossberg model 500 12 gauge shotgun ( for this Christmas), 2 hang on stands, a bunch of hunting clothes.. want to get a couple more 2 man ladder stands and get him a blind ( for deer but mostly thinking of turkey hunting)... .. love spending time with him in the stand, watching him learn stuff ... watching him see things for the first time, reminds me of myself when I first saw and learned those things.. spend a lot of time teaching him about deer patterns, and how to track deer , etc... it's a ton of fun..
If you are looking to adopt an older child I am available :wink:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Image[/img]

xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

went and picked up my new baby after work.. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, plan on doing that tomorrow after work.. get it all sighted in and ready for hunting this weekend... cant wait...