Micro 335 Speeds with Gen 1 rail and Gen 2 limbs/riser

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rockandtrail

Micro 335 Speeds with Gen 1 rail and Gen 2 limbs/riser

Post by rockandtrail »

Greetings,

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, however I could not find a specific answer to my question on here. I have a Generation 1 Micro 335. I went through a couple of sets of limbs and Excalibur's warranty department (Awesome service I might add) took my bow and put a new riser and limbs on it. So now I have A generation 1 rail, and Generation 2 limbs and riser. I have noticed a major decrease in speed with a 400 grain arrow, to down around 300 fps. I am not complaining, but curious if I am the only one with this situation. 300 FPS is still plenty fast and I love the bow, but I am wondering if the Gen 1 rail and Gen 2 riser have brought my bow to more like a Micro 315. Any information would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

I have the above stated Micro 335 and a newly acquired Matrix 355.
Last edited by rockandtrail on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carnivorous

Re: Micro 335 Speeds with Gen 1 rail and Gen 2 limbs/riser

Post by Carnivorous »

You now own a micro 315...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
rockandtrail

Post by rockandtrail »

Thank you, that's what I've been thinking. It's all good as long as it's reliable. Thanks for your reply.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have both a gen 1 riser on gen2 rail, as well as a gen2 riser on a gen1 rail.
360 and a 315 . ill tell ya, the 315 is niiiiice to shoot
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

If your limbs break on gen 1 can you just get new limbs or are they going to change riser? I want to continue with gen 1 set up if my limbs go again..
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Seems pretty simple l would rather loose 20 fps than worry about the reliability any day. Its not right that you bought a 335 and deserve what you bought. Im leaning towards the slower bows anyway nothing faster than the matrix 355 for me. I have been very lucky with my 1st gen micro no problems yet. When you look at them little tiny short limbs bending like that it just makes me cringe
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

For what its worth, my hybrid micro shoots a 420 grain arrow at 340fps.

My 315 shoots a 400 grain arrow at 311 fps.

What that translates to in real life is 1" drop at 40 yard difference . and at my chrony distance of 15y, the heavier faster arrow set 1 " deeper into the target max.
A deer would not register the difference if you poked a hole with either bow

Most of the differece between the two bows in in the arrow, not the fps. I chased speed for a bit, but the end result is often such a small difference .
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme