Any Info On Excalibur Assassin Crossbow ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cat power

Re: Any Info On Excalibur Assassin Crossbow ???

Post by Cat power »

ArcheryAddict wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 am
You hope it locks at full draw! It may be a $1,599 dollar finger amputating machine, just like the Ravin.lol
Buddy of mine sent me a photo of a friend of his that lost his thumb with a Ravin loading it. He knew I had 1

I hurt my hand pretty badly with my Ravin decocking it. Didn't lose any fingers, thank goodness.

Dangerous weapon
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Bcwn wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:15 pm
Do we have an idea of what model this bow will be? 330, 380, etc

Brad
360fps!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
76chevy

Post by 76chevy »

not seeing anything I need

I have my grizz setup just how I like it. Dbkillers, Nikon bolt scope...
Last edited by 76chevy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
76chevy

Post by 76chevy »

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340621&d=1513967092
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

Lots of nice features. It won't be cheap but I bet it's going to be a good offering.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Pretty soon there gonna have 6 year time payments with these things youl see ! Or maby a 3 year lease with options to buy !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hear sled, I'm out. Too many moving parts for a recurve design, sorry! Keep it simple please, that's the real attraction marketing people! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

After the ATA I'll decide if I NEED it or not... lol

I'm a bit put off by the price on it. Unfortunately if I wanted one it's out of my price range for 2018 purchases. It would take a heck of alot of self justification to order one.. ;)

Looking @ my soon to be 2 crossbows (after I assemble the Micro 355 B\D) I have what I want and want what I have.. ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I’m with Dan on this one. I do enough damage to myself without adding a finger guillotine to the mix. But I’m sure they will fit right into a lot of people’s wheel house.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I am kind of put off buy the name of the bow to tell you the truth with hunting being under constant attack buy anti hunters "Assassin "does not put forth a good image for me and I eat two deer a year every year for the last 30 years.
Just my 2 cents worth I liked the original Excalibur bow names like Vixen, Phoenix, Equinox, Exocet,Exomax Ect ,Hunting is something that is very important to me, and the participation in nature that is so precious to me and that I enjoy so much seams cheapened by the name "Assassin".
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

gerald strine wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:40 pm
I am kind of put off buy the name of the bow to tell you the truth with hunting being under constant attack buy anti hunters "Assassin "does not put forth a good image for me and I eat two deer a year every year for the last 30 years.
Just my 2 cents worth I liked the original Excalibur bow names like Vixen, Phoenix, Equinox, Exocet,Exomax Ect ,Hunting is something that is very important to me, and the participation in nature that is so precious to me and that I enjoy so much seams cheapened by the name "Assassin".
Wow, very well stated Sir.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

gerald strine wrote:
I think I'm in this camp too...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
janesy

Post by janesy »

gerald strine wrote:
Funny, I didnt realize I felt that way until you put it that way. There was something that was keeping me from looking into it, and I couldn't put my finger on it. But thats it, the name does not sit right with traditional minded hunters.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

gerald strine wrote:
Same thoughts myself.
Especially with all the senseless shootings in the NEWS
Just can't contemplate the degree of fallout that would happen if just one of these were ever used for such a senseless act.

CC
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Sorry, Id like to see a convenient portable crank cocker, on and off without tools, I was hoping for it to be a snap to change from Micro to Suppressor to Bulldog, but this don't look like an answer to any of my dreams, quite the opposite.

I'd go back to the Suppressor which I did like, just wanted a tad more oomph,, and like others, I like to KEEP IT SIMPLE,, that's what recurve used to be all about! Looks like the Mad Max and Lynx won't be threatened,,, old news!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!