Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gwens Dilemma

Re: Length of Excalibur ownership?

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

Got my Exomag about 1993 or 4
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I got my brand new Vixen II back in the fall around August I think? It’s my first Excalibur and I have no intentions of getting rid of it! 2018 I will be purchasing a new Excalibur, which model I’m not sure but it will be an older model if I can find it brand new!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
wabi

Post by wabi »

Started with a Vixen back in the 90's and upgraded to an Exocet (175#) a few years later.
Then the perfect bow (Phoenix) was introduced in 2005.
The draw length of the Vixen, with the power of the Exocet! :shock:
Got mine right away, and I'm still using it today! :D
wabi
SEW

Post by SEW »

I like to buy well and keep long. Have what you want and want what you have!
I still own or have :1969 Johnson 4hp, 1985 70hp Evenrude, 1989 Honda 300 4-Trax, been married for 49 1/2 years (to the same one :D ).
Think the Excals will have the same fate.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

i got my first one about 10 years ago, knew i was having major shoulder surgery so i bought a Pheonix... dad still uses it... he bought it off me when i tried to go back to vertical bow... 2 years after trying i went back to crossbow, vertical was just too hard on my shoulder... so i bought an axiom , as my boy wanted to get into hunting and was taking the apprentice hunter course.. when he passed i bought it and told him once he is a graduated, full hunter then the bow will be his as a gift.... i bought my brand new Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed about a week ago now and had it in the field twice.. no luck with it yet but i know the dog will bark soon...
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Got my first one in 89 and still have it . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

I still have my first Excalibur, a 165 Exocet😁 I wish I kept my second Excalibur which was a Vortex. :(
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:49 am
I still have my first Excalibur, a 165 Exocet😁 I wish I kept my second Excalibur which was a Vortex. :(
My Excal shooting has been limited to M380 & 405, BD400, Micro 335, Suppressor, Equinox and a Vortex.
I enjoy the Vortex the most. If could only have one Excal - M405.
Boo

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 am
Boo wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:49 am
If could only have one Excal
Ewwwwww! :shock: let's not think that way during this festive season.
Steve, I'm sending you a bar of soap! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I started with Excalibur about 25 years ago. Always shot a horton hunter before that. Got my first excal out if the back of Bill Ts van.lol
addicted to canadian beaver
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ive only had my original crossbow a 330 for 5 years after vertical longbows.Now l have 6 of em. Im very fond of the long limbers that l wasnt around for . I really like the 305 -330 fps ones. ....maby ill get one more specimen. ..
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I bought my Matrix 310 three years ago with the intention of it lasting me until I passed it down to one of my children. Two years ago I bought a Matrix 355, then traded it for a 330. Last year I sold the 330 to my brother in-law and bought a matrix riser and a set of limbs so that I can have a 330 for hunting if I want. I will probably end up selling the riser and keeping the extra set of limbs for replacement limbs should I ever have a problem. I won't get rid of the Matrix 310 since it is very easy on my body when I spend an afternoon target shooting, is deadly accurate, is plenty big enough for my hunting situations, and is the first crossbow I ever owned. If I ever buy another one it would probably be a Micro style with a crank for easier hunting from my enclosed blinds.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I’ve only been at it for a few years and 290-330fps works great for me with no need for sound suppression other than a piece of bike inner tube betwixed the stirrup and bow, and dipped the stirrup. I can cock these bows easy and fast too. I’ve already lost count of the deer and hogs I’ve shot with the Grizzly, its maybe 75 or more?

I’ll have two Excaliburs from now on.
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

This was 3rd season for me with xbow. First year I got a Ten Point Titan Extreme. Killed a doe and really like it. Then 2yr ago bought a used Matrix 330 and fell in love! Havent used TP since. I killed a doe last year, and shot one this year in the backstrap! Saw her on cam several times after, up to 2 mos afterward. She is fine. Ready to part with the TP now and replace with a little higher end model, M380-405. :mrgreen:
SEW

Post by SEW »

In the interest of back preservation, I’ll use a C-2 (3 if it ever appears - likely next week) with any Excal above a 330 (M or Vortex), so a 405 is my preference. I have 2 of them. Also like my 400.