Length of Excalibur ownership?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: Length of Excalibur ownership?

Post by Carnivorous »

I have had my Micro Bulldog 355 for 3 days now. Lol

I have slowed down on bow purchases. I'm saving for a big hunting trip in 2019. I'll be 50 and it's time to spend my money on hunts instead of bows that I don't really need... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am

I have slowed down on bow purchases. I'm saving for a big hunting trip in 2019. I'll be 50 and it's time to spend my money on hunts instead of bows that I don't really need... :)
Thats a very wise statement right there.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am

I don't live to far from you so when is the bow clearance sale :D
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

newbie to crossbow hunting- one excaliper no reason not to keep it.

acquired my exomax on a trade - 2 yrs.

will use for Az piggy next month
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have had an exomag since early 2000 . then a exomax and now a Matrix 330 for a couple of years still have them all
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

how long? don't want to say as it gets me felling old.but I have owned most of them.had a limb issue got
pastthat.right now matrix 330//bulldog 400 if I hunt tomorrow id flip a coin to choose which bow id hunt..
gab

Post by gab »

My first crossbow was an Exomax purchased in 2011. I found it highly effective on deer and it just feels right in my hands. I don't see any point in buying one of the more recent Excalibur models.
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

I bought my first, a Wolverine @ Lake Huron Rod & Gun, in Sept. 1987. My Aunt passed away leaving my a $1000 in her will, spent the whole wad on bow, scope, arrows, broadheads, case & the newest Treebark camo. I still have the bow and it still makes it out of storage for a round or 2 of target shooting every year. I still think it's my 'quietest' crossbow.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

My Relayer Y25 has been the one I have owned the longest . Still my favourite
snowhunter

Post by snowhunter »

I guess I'm old fashioned. I've been married for 45 years, drive a 1923 Model T Ford, and have had only two jobs since graduating from college. I have a Matrix 380 and a 350. I don't plan on making any changes in the formentioned ant time soon.
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

I have owned Excalibur's for 25 years. Have owned 5 different models and fired many more. In my opinion the Matrix 380 is the best I have ever had. I will always own an Excalibur until my hunting days are done.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

hell I don't know, ain't to good at math,, but I know I had the Lynx as soon as they were avalable, and was so happy with it, I had the M380 Mad Max as soon as it was released,,, still got em. The 350 Matrix, I had before Excalibur decided to cut the 405's up they had left in stock, so I've had a realtree 350 before they were available. I have not had one problem yet, had a splinter on the Mad Max when it was new. Danny Miller offered new limbs but I see no reason to quit using what I have 5 years later,, not when it shoots 5 arrows like this at 50 yards

This is the limb, I just broke it of, and lightly sanded the sharp edge it left, you can't even see where it was! Still nock'n them whitetails down and stalk'n em up!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Allan

Post by Allan »

Bought my bare Vixen in 1996. I'll keep it until I don't hunt anymore, and that will be at my life end.
76chevy

Post by 76chevy »

My first crossbow was an Axiom in 2013. I have a grizz now, added DR Bumpers and a nice Nikon bolt scope and love it. Been about 4 years or so and plan to keep it a while.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I purchased my first Excalibur (Wolverine) back in 1989. Since then I've owned about 14. All of the standard straight stock Exo-series, from the Vixen to the Exomax, and a thumbhole Vortex. In the Matrix series I've briefly owned the 405 Mega. I presently own five, a Exocet 200, a Matrix 380, a Matrix 355, a Matrix 350 SLE and finally a Axe 340 Krytek. They all serve me well. However, since I don't like to use a crank, and I'm not getting any younger, I'm debating if I should sell my Matrix 380, which since I got the newer reinforced limbs, I find a tad harder to cock than the rest of my others. I don't know if I'll buy any more, but I certainly know that I'll always have a few Excaliburs on hand.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.