neat Christmas gift

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

neat Christmas gift

Post by wabi »

The landowner where I hunt gave me an "Outdoor Edge EDC" knife for Christmas. Someone gave him one this fall and he was so impressed when he field dressed the buck (7 point) he shot during gun season he bought one for me. (I did some plumbing & electric work for him when he remodeled his room with the stove & refrigerator (the kit**** word that shows up as *SPAM* if you use it in a topic) recently, and wouldn't accept any cash. :roll: )
He said he was shocked when he was able to split the deer's breast bone with it - and it was still sharp! A few strokes on a stone and it was shaving sharp again!
I'm thinking it will go in my pack with a couple spare blades and if I dull a blade, just switch it to a new one. A lot better than trying to carry a sharpening stone, or dressing a deer with a dull knife! :lol:
wabi
longbow joe

Re: neat Christmas gift

Post by longbow joe »

I have one 2 years now love the thing. Non traditional like a replacement blade broadhead but im over it . Actually very durable holds an edge as good as any "real " knife. I won't go back either. You will love it also. Merry Christmas lbj.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Very nice Wabi. I'm looking forward to your thoughts after you get to use it. Make sure to report back. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

Nice I've been eyeballing one of those. This might have pushed me over the edge.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have had a havlon replaceable blade knife since before they were on the market . two thing you need to know..

1) holy crap be careful! When skinning you wont even know you cut yourself into its way too late . go slow and let the blade do its thing

2) surgical steel doesnt like to bend, if you get to where you need to work it, be careful, it the tip breaks off it tends to come flying back at you with some force. And its razor sharp when it does
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

I have two in my pack and really like them alot. Reason I got two is was on sale less than half price :D
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
oldmandoug

Post by oldmandoug »

I HAD one for several months, left it on the counter and my Son decided he should have it. Really enjoyed it.
HOMELESS VETERANS SHOULD COME BEFORE ANY REFUGEE!!!
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I was thinking about one of those . I got one from Midway today. I got the solid orange handle one that comes with a camo knife sheath.The thing feels and looks pretty good.Now I know my knife will still be sharp :mrgreen:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I love mine. When you need a sharp blade just swap it out. Takes a few seconds, and the blades are very sharp!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bought my son one for Christmas last year and they are great. Really sharp, easy to change blades. But me....I'm so 50 yrs ago I can't give up my "traditinal" knife. :lol:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><