Next season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcwn

Next season

Post by Bcwn »

Already planning next season. Got a lot of work to do out here on my new spread. Gonna rent a forest muncher and cut some access roads from the house, no wonder the other land owners hunt this area you cant get anywhere back to my property from the back door, so if I was a deer I would hang out there as well. Looks as if a new 4 wheeler is in the cards as well. Not too sure what to do about the garden as they destroy my neighbors garden of which they rely on. The farmers almanac calls for a hotter and drier summer than last year, holy $hit as if last season wasn't bad enough already. Looks as if its time to change up the game a little bit and figure out how to deal with hunting in 90 degree temps.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
xcaliber

Re: Next season

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like a plan. I hunted with a friend years ago that had late season access to 40 acres. The owner would let him know when he was done for the year. He had cleared his trails in a # formation leaving the middle as a sanctuary. He held some nice deer on his land.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Next season i will get to hunt more than this yr. Told my Mrs. she could deal wid her friends n help them, i was gettin too old n this help me stuff durin huntin season would stop! I swear its all a stinkin ploy to stop me from tick toter huntin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

OH MIKE....... if your not too busy BUDDY ????? Maybe next November I could get you toooooo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Just today they started cutting the 300 or so acres of corn surrounding the end of the mountain range I hunt on. This is the latest they have ever left the corn in the field and it totally threw the rut travel patterns for a loop. The doe stayed in or near the corn field and the bucks go where the doe are. If I'm lucky it gets cut before the end of October but I have good luck with a rifle as long as it gets cut in November. Hunting normally gets much better once the corn is gone, but now the leaves are all gone too. I was lucky to harvest a buck, but I'm hoping the corn harvest occurs a lot sooner next season.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: