Off season Storeage of Excalibur 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

F250-2

Off season Storeage of Excalibur 380

Post by F250-2 »

I know this has been discussed before. However, new information, theories, and experience continue to emerge in the crossbow world. I believe the Excalibur folks advise to NOT remove the string from the Matrix 380 for storage. Just make certain the proper brace height is correct from time to time. Is this still the proper way to store one ?
longbow joe

Re: Off season Storeage of Excalibur 380

Post by longbow joe »

I have the same dilemma. I have a few excaliber crossbows and soon l will be done with winter archery. But l will use them again in spring for turkey. And l enjoy shooting them when time permits throughout the year. ........so end result l just leave them strung. It seems like more trouble than its worth to unstring for me personally. But l do worry about the bows loosing pounds my one bow ls used and has been strung for about 10 years now and seems fine thats all l can say.others have said that summer heat is the true enemy of a bow so keep em from baking
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
galamb

Post by galamb »

I'm on my third recurve crossbow over the years now. My current bow has never had the string taken off for storage (7 years now).

I just give the string a twist in the spring if it has stretched any.

I haven't seen any change in it's function doing so. I have never had to resight or anything and the string doesn't seem to wear out quicker or anything leaving it strung. I have thousands of shots through the bow (average about 3000 shots a year).

If you feel better relaxing the limbs/strings I don't think that would hurt either. But at least for "me", I don't see the need.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

To add to what the others have said if you do not plan on shooting your bow for a while it would be the perfect time to wax the string before putting it up.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Tighten all screws or bolts too!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

My friend left his bow cocked all last winter and when he took it out of the case he was surprised it was cocked . when he shot it, it was on target . a 355 Matrix. It won't hurt it if you leave it strung . I have 3 and leave them strung all the time . never had a problem.
W.M.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Take the air brakes off to release pressure on rubber pads.They will last much longer. I always pull strings when done for season.