bolts for the Grizzly?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

76chevy

bolts for the Grizzly?

Post by 76chevy »

which bolts would you recommend as an upgrade from factory bolts?

flat back nocks and prefer to use lumenocks on hunting arrows.
Ferguson Outfitters

Re: bolts for the Grizzly?

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Bro, I use the Diablo and have driven it length wise through a 425lb hog, killed two hogs with one bolt on a double pass through, and they shoot zero for me.

You can lightly spray the bolt and fletchings with reflective paint which shows up with a flashlight but most of my shots are pass throughs so a lighted bolt would not matter much for me.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

76chevy wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm
which bolts would you recommend as an upgrade from factory bolts?

flat back nocks and prefer to use lumenocks on hunting arrows.
I have recently switched over to Spynal Tapp arrows (powered by black eagle). They can be purchased from Southshore archery. Other good arrows are black eagle Executioners or Zombie slayers.

Factory arrows are ok but to take your bow to the next level go with black eagle.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have found 18" executioners with 110 grain inserts to be a perfect match for my Matrix 310 which is the same as your Grizzly.
I have used Executioners, Spynal Tapps, and Zombies with the Matrix 310 and Matrix 330 with very similar results.
The spynal Tapps and Zombies are a little stiffer than the Executioners, but the Executioners are plenty stiff enough for the Grizzly and are very impressive when it comes to accuracy.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: