See All Sight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

See All Sight

Post by seabee401 »

Does anyone here use one or have ever tried one on an Excalibur . Thoughts and Opinions? :D
Thanks
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
foofoo

Re: See All Sight

Post by foofoo »

didnt like it on a crossbow.i see it as its a love or hate type sight. the sight triangle size changes depending on the eye relief distance. closer your eye is the bigger the triangle. just didnt seam like a percision sight to me. maybe on a turkey gun or buckshot deer set up. i had no problem selling mine fast so i know there are those who like them. maybe look for a used one and if you dont like it sell it.
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

I have 2 of them. Pretty sure that I bought one of them from FooFoo. I hunted exclusively with one in 2016, but I never shot at a deer. I planned to use it again this year, but put my Nikon on at the last minute. Turns out that the 10 yd. shot I made on the buck I killed, could probably have been made instinctively. As have many on this forum, I shot dozens of deer with a vertical bow without a scope. The one problem
with the See All is that it obscures the sight picture below the sight post. Shooting with both eyes open, helps eliminate this problem. There was an issue getting and keeping the set screws tight enough. Replacing them with socket head cap screws took care of that.

Someone needs to invent a reflex sight that is dependable,affordable and doesn't need batteries.

P.S. During some experimenting post season, the Nikon suddenly went south, scattering shots 2-4 inches. Solution, I put the SeeAll back on.
It looks good and the weight saving is a blessing.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I find mine a bit fussy, can't always line it up with the target right away so it takes away from how an Excalibur feels so natural to point and shoot. Maybe more practice is needed to wrap my head around bringing the bow up to the target.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

foofoo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:24 am
didnt like it on a crossbow.i see it as its a love or hate type sight. the sight triangle size changes depending on the eye relief distance. closer your eye is the bigger the triangle. just didnt seam like a percision sight to me. maybe on a turkey gun or buckshot deer set up. i had no problem selling mine fast so i know there are those who like them. maybe look for a used one and if you dont like it sell it.
That's a good idea to look for a used one, as I was surprised how expensive they are. And not knowing if I'll like it or not.
Thanks foofoo
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Thanks for everyone's input. Still on the fence with this one.
Wonder why Excalibur discontinued the fiber optic and rear peep? I had one on my Exocet for years and loved it. Then I snagged the fiber wire loop on a branch and broke it. Called good old reliable Danny Miller and he sent me one he had laying around for free. He's the best.
But I wanted another for my Phoenix. Thought I purchased one from optics planet, but it never went through. They said it was on backorder indefinitely.
Talked to Tom at Woody's , he looked around his shop but no luck. He told me about the see all sight.
The search continues! :? :D
Tom
wabi

Post by wabi »

Tom, email me if you want a f/o front & rear peep for a Phoenix.
(put sights in the subject line so I don't miss it)

[email protected]

wabi
wabi
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I may have a rear peep if anyone needs one
addicted to canadian beaver