What Happened

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: What Happened

Post by vixenmaster »

I told y'all back a few yrs ago this was comin. They have to change up to sell new models to make profits fer the Investors n that is the bottom line ppl. MONEY! Yers. Most of the new seem to be B Pup n that linkage. DID i hear sumpin about a floatin trigger box ? Geez say that ain't as i will never buy one of those, bad exp. i had!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

From the looks of it ,the kids smaller bows are gone also.!!!!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

All good, I think most prefer to have a bare bow to build. I personally would never buy a "new package" bow again, didn't know better early on. You will always be able to find what your looking for as "jansey" stated...

Just want to say that the Excal packages are very good too...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
wabi

Post by wabi »

vixenmaster wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 am
I told y'all back a few yrs ago this was comin. They have to change up to sell new models to make profits fer the Investors n that is the bottom line ppl. MONEY! Yers. Most of the new seem to be B Pup n that linkage. DID i hear sumpin about a floatin trigger box ? Geez say that ain't as i will never buy one of those, bad exp. i had!
X2
IMO when Bill T was running the show the company focused on customer satisfaction, the new ownership is focusing on profit.
wabi
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Well I don't if I'm looking at the site correct? Wyvern's seems to have dropped all of the original "Matrix" line also?
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

It looks like the Matrixs will still be there only in the B.D style . I would think sale trends decide these things .The Micros might be out selling the Matrix line. And just think how we all have been answering the surveys that have been out there the last few years . I will miss the matrix line but I also miss walnut gun stocks and Ford Broncos.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

if they don't come out with something really great on a new model. people tend to buy/ rebuy the tried and true.

micro/matrix are awesome bows and making a newer product that out performs them might not be so easy

discontinuing models kinda forces the flow
Normous

Post by Normous »

LongCarbine wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 am
It looks like the Matrixs will still be there only in the B.D style . I would think sale trends decide these things .The Micros might be out selling the Matrix line. And just think how we all have been answering the surveys that have been out there the last few years . I will miss the matrix line but I also miss walnut gun stocks and Ford Broncos.
The Bronco is back for 2019 and walnut stocks can still be found.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have to admit I wasn't sold on the bullpup stock design. First one I shot had a griddy trigger. Then I tried the bull dog 380 at Bear camp and shot it and noticed it had a much better trigger. I then realized the bullpup design actually brings the front end closer to the shooter. This improves center balance for rock solid offhand shooting.

Then I bought my own black BD 400 and made it in to the Micro suppressor. I can say for certain this is my absolute favorite Excalibur I have ever owned and I have had most of the models ever made. :) I can now see why Excalibur is going bullpup for most new models.

If you haven't tried a Bull pup bow do yourself a favor and shoot one. Or don't if your not ready to buy another bow.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I still FIRMLY believe that for me, and my style of hunting, the Matrix 380 was and is the Best Bow ever to come from Excalibur.
That said, I am not overly surprised that they are discontinuing it.
You want to see something discontinued? If I LIKE it, that is where it is headed. Over and over and... :(

Don't think I'll ever need a second, but will now collect another set of limbs before those too go the way of the dodo...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
SEW

Post by SEW »

Fortunately, we can still buy a lifetime Xbow, just by buying an Excalibur. My favorite is the M405 and I’ve warmed up to the BD400. TTS in all 4 Excal’s . Newest one is 3 years old, oldest is 5 1/2. I’m trying to trade my Solution for a used Micro 335 Gen 1.
I’m nearly 71 and doubt I’ll get anymore xbows even though I plan to keep hunting for decades.

Nothing is keeping us from getting a lifelong Xbow. My favorite Xbow is the lightly used one I got from Paul - 2nd M405.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I really love the feel of the Bullpup stock on my bd400 as it fits me perfectly. I already have extra limbs, triggers, scopes and other accessories to fit the Matrix line so I am thinking about purchasing a BD330 or Suppressor bare rail so I will have options down the road.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

No concern here. Still have 4 of my long limbers. No plans on a new one in my future. More to do with money than not wanting a new smaller framed crossbow.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm going to be brutally honest here, but the older models from the Micro series & back was there high point, this new stuff like the 308 Short might fill a need, but the linkage triggers, and now the Assassin are not simplicity at it's best. If I owned stock in Excalibur, I would be selling it. I hope this is just a phase folks.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Agreed .....why kill your bread and butter products that still have decent demand and sales.....some day theres gonna be a traditional crossbow magazine lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.