What Happened

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DMc

Re: What Happened

Post by DMc »

I hate to be the one to say it but we have done this to ourselves. One really good bow, or anything else for that matter, is not enough it seems. We wait with bated breath as each new season approaches looking for the next great addition to our growing collections. The companies are giving us exactly what we are asking for. If you look around, you can see this trend in every facet of life today. We no longer pass great tools down to an eagerly awaiting younger generations, they all want new stuff, and we are the ones that taught them that.

I love my 200lb Exocet and am so thankful to have one of the best crossbows ever made.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

SEW wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 pm
I’m still very happy with my M380, 2-405s and my 400. I see nothing that makes me want to change.
X2
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
dfinley

Post by dfinley »

In my opinion the Assassin is what happened. Excalibur has been leaning heavily toward the micro models and away from matrix in general. bulldog could be next. I suspect this is due to what they perceive as market pressure for more compact bows. So I predict we will see a succession of more powerful micro version bows with the charger crank system.

Its funny the first Excalibur I saw was a mirco suppressor. I couldn't pull the thing back, neither could 90% of the people at my local archer range. So in some ways the Assasin is one of the DUH moments.. I purchased a Horton Storm and kinda liked to but eventually learned to hate it. I now have a matrix 380 and love it..

For me making the limbs smaller is fixing a problem I don't have, Matrix is small enough. I don like the new silent cocking aid and will probably buy that.. What to you all think..
janesy

Post by janesy »

Solving problems that we dont know we have is what marketing and retail are all about.
Otherwise we would not have the luxury of crystal clear scopes, blazing fast speeds, blazer vanes, lighted nock, cranks, ...

Nobody needs any of these things, but without growth, there would never be a technological advance. The same thing can be said for every product ever made, if a new model doesnt succeed and old one, than eventually the market goes stagnant. Escpecially if the original product is so good it never breakes haha

Really does anyone actually need power windows and locks? But who would buy a car without them.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme