What Happened

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

What Happened

Post by xcaliber »

OK, I know companies evolve, move on, etc. But no more Matrix 330 / 355 / 380? That was fast in my opinion. I'm not judging on where the Company is going, but the Matrix models in my opinion should have at least another 2-3 years of offering left. I'm thinking I should get a 380 now. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Re: What Happened

Post by Carnivorous »

onward and upward. I know a shop that has all 3 of those models for sale.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

What the heck I see they dropped half their line up The Matrix series were my favorites I like the stocks better than the bulldog type and the gen 11 risers are rock solid performers , I bet the new offerings will come with new higher prices than the Matrix line , hope not but seams to be the trend , something is off when you can buy a Remington model 700 with scope for $460 and a x bow will cost twice as much ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Ironically my Bulldog 400 is my least favorite bow and sits in it's case as my Matrix 380's rotate throughout the season..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Don't get me wrong, i love my 355 Micro so far, but Matrix Models seem to have become bullet proof lately, just like the Mag Tip models before them. I just think I'm going to hold on to what I have for a year or so, and watch from the sidelines. 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I think my Matrix 310/330 will keep me happy as long as I keep kicking! :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

There is enough inventory floating around for a decades worth of sales. All good
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I agree Dan.... Now I'm wondering how long the standard Micro line as we know it, will stay in production ?

As a customer, I hate being pushed in "one direction" only and I feel that's exactly what is happening with Excalibur and the new line of Bullpup crossbows... :cry:

I had anticipated possibly letting go of my 380 Matrix in favor of another nice 350 SE . Now I don't see my current Matrix 380 going anywhere.

I may however, put my latest brand new Micro 355 which I bought as a "back-up bow" to the one I hunt with, and have not even taken time to even shoot yet, ( only adjust brace height once on )up on the Block 4 sale ?? 8)

The proceeds may then go for a Matrix or 2 before they dry up 8) as I still have a nice gen ll 335 Micro and spare set of limbs that should be just fine as a "Back-up" alternatives to my current 355. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
SEW

Post by SEW »

I’m still very happy with my M380, 2-405s and my 400. I see nothing that makes me want to change.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I was mad they offed the axiom and vixen 2 .....ohh well just like cars ....they just keep getting more unnecessarily more complicated .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

gerald strine wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm
What the heck I see they dropped half their line up The Matrix series were my favorites I like the stocks better than the bulldog type and the gen 11 risers are rock solid performers , I bet the new offerings will come with new higher prices than the Matrix line , hope not but seams to be the trend , something is off when you can buy a Remington model 700 with scope for $460 and a x bow will cost twice as much ?
while i am in complete agreement with your thinking, i do feel that the 700 is not the gun it was when i owned one in the 70's.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I recall reading something on this forum a while back about the Matrix series being reduced . Just can't recall when when and what topic . I just wish Excalibur would take people with disabilities into consideration when they come out with products weather it be a crossbow or any other product as there is nearly 60 million people living with some sort of disability just in the US alone that is a big untapped market . The only Company that has made a crossbow with the these people in mind is Parker .
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

really, the matrix series was dropped :?: :shock: looks like i better jump on a 330 soon before there is no more
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
janesy

Post by janesy »

Goose52 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 am
gerald strine wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm
while i am in complete agreement with your thinking, i do feel that the 700 is not the gun it was when i owned one in the 70's.
Oh that 700 is definatly not the same corrolation. You'd need to spend two or three times that to get one new now that compares to the quality of the models offered pre-1980. Im a huge 700 fan, but they are not making lifelong products anymore. You'd need to compare some higher end models 700 as Excalibur doesnt offer an "SPS" equivilent crossbow line.
But I suppose they go bang and the bullet goes close to where you want it to go. So I guess if thats your only expectation.
Last edited by janesy on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Double post
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme