Micro VS Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

okie143

Re: Micro VS Matrix

Post by okie143 »

Just like that old saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so goes a crossbow.

Some like it hot and sassy like the Micro's and some like it sporty and slim like the Matrix lines.

Some like it to be rock solid like the old models, Equinox, Exomax, Axiom, etc., and then some like a mixture of all three.

So picking out which crossbow works for you is as different for each person as picking out shoes, boots, or pants.

Each one buys what they like.

I have a Axiom and a Matrix 380 and love them both. For a lot of shooting I like the Axiom because it is 305 fps and a lot easier to cock with the rope. However, when I am hunting food plots I like the Matrix 380 as it gives me the speed to shoot 50 yds or less and fits better in my ground blind.

However, my Axiom will also get the job done but I need a bigger than one man ground blind to use it in one because it hits the side walls of the blind.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
okie143

Post by okie143 »

Here is a list of all Excalibur Models that have been discontinued per their website. Now I see why the M380's are going so cheap now. Just before Christmas they were a lot higher.

[*]MATRIX 380

MATRIX 380 Mad Max

MATRIX 355

MATRIX 330

MATRIX 310

MATRIX Sapphire

MATRIX Cub

MATRIX 380 Lynx

Equinox

Exomax

Vortex

Exocet 200

Vixen II Pink

Vixen II

Eclipse XT

APEX Light 90

APEX Light 40

AXIOM SMF

Phoenix

IBEX SMF

Relayer Y25

Pixel
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
SEW

Post by SEW »

I hate to see the Matrix series go. The stock fits me a little better than the BD series. I have a M380, 2 - M405s and a BD400. I love them all, but 405s most. I hunt!

Though I’m 5’10” , the M stock fits me more naturally than the BD stock. However, I appreciate the BD and Suppressor stocks’ efficiency. In tight blind situations, the BD stock fits better, such as my small, bear blind. A Suppressor would fit even better.

When all 3 , Matrix, Micro/Suppressor, BD, versions were offered, I felt like the line was complete.

I’m looking from the outside in, not inside out. Companies have so many factors to consider that people like me can’t even comprehend.
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

Gee, now you guys have done it.....LOL.... I am now adding the 308 Short Banchee to my list of possible purchases. Just kiddibg as I do appreciate all the input I have recieved, but I am serious about adding the "Short"
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have jus 1 Micro n 3 Matrix n thats plenty. None are back up's, they all get their turns to hunt. Eack time i kill a tick toter the next in line gets its start :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

vixenmaster wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:25 pm
I have jus 1 Micro n 3 Matrix n thats plenty. None are back up's, they all get their turns to hunt. Eack time i kill a tick toter the next in line gets its start :)
You may have misunderstood my last post. I currently have an Axion crossbow and wanted to go to a smaller/lighter crossbow and was trying to decide between a Matrix or Micro but members were also mentioning the 308 Short. I started looking into the 308 Short out of curiousity and now I am hung up deciding between 3 crossbows instead of 2....... I will sell my Axion if and when I buy it's replacement. I don't think that I need more than one crossbow......LOL
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I was in general postin on the Micro vs. Matrix Thread. Micro's are jus abit shorter but some of mine are mixed in diff stocks on them. I have a Matrix wid a Micro stock on it because i like the stock better than the Matrix stock
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315