Matrix 380 Owners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Matrix 380 Owners

Post by xcaliber »

Folks, we have a member here looking to get an Excalibur Crossbow. He is looking for a nice used, or new model. Vortex, Matrix, maybe something in a Micro. I'm talking up the 380 even though I have not owned one. I have shot a few, but I think some real reports from actual owners might help him make the decision. There are some good deals out there currently, so I think it would make sense to snap one up.
Thanks for your input guys.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Re: Matrix 380 Owners

Post by SEW »

I’ve had a M380 for over 5 years. 2,000-3,000 shots. Unbelievably accurate! Never a problem. If I could only have 1xbow for everything (lot of range shooting and hunting) it’d be a M380. If I could have 2 xbows it’d be a M380 and a M405
okie143

Post by okie143 »

I have a M380 that I got from Pine Mountain Archery and it shoots just fine and has all the bells and whistles you can think of including a light stuff package that is suppose to quiet it down.

Just remember it is stiffer than a 305 or even a 330 so cocking it isn't as easy but still isn't too much for an old, lazy, fat guy like me.

I have only shot it 8 times and here are some of my groupings. The first one is 30 yds and the second one is 20 yds.

Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

If I could only have one crossbow, it'd be my M380 as well....and I have several different bows. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have had a 380 for about 5 years now 0 trouble , very accurate . I would not hesitate to buy another if I needed a new crossbo
w
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks guys, keep em coming.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

My Matrix 380 was ordered as soon as they first came out.
Had to wait a spell as I actually got dumped into the second run.
Custom Boo String and Custom Arrows from Big John actually showed before the bow (and it has seen nothing but btw).

It was worth the wait BIG TIME! :D
This has become my Forever Bow.
For me, and my style of hunting, this is IT!
Could not be any happier.

Deadly accurate out to 100 yards, bulletproof design, small fame and simply "Fits" me extremely well.
Taken a pretty good pile of game with it now.
Never any trouble whatsoever.
And I strongly suspect this one will be with me right to the end...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Dan,

I have, and do enjoy my Matrix 380 as I do my Micro's. But in my case :roll: I would trade my current Matrix 380 straight across-the-board to get my past Matrix 350 SE back.
I truly feel that particular model is and was the best looking (with it's MOTS full camo ) and possibly the best performing and reliable bow they have produced in some time... I say that as I can't remember. the last time I have heard a negative comment concerning one of those.
I know mine shot very near the speeds I get with my 380 but at a lower draw weight, with what I personally consider total reliability. :D
That to me equates too a " WIN WIN WIN". :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

The 380's are my go to bow's. I've had them for just over 2 years, no issues with either of them.

I still think the Lynx is the 'prettiest' bow they have ever made :oops: .

I do like how small and compact my Suppressor is but, the 380 Xtra has seen more time in the field & range.

CzY Horse
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

My current line up is a Bulldog 400, A Matrix 350SE ( fantastic little bow ) and two Matrix 380 Blackout's.
I find all of them extremely accurate and honestly, I can alternate between all 4 on a target out to 50 yards and smash arrows..

380 Blackout

https://youtu.be/NxANSQnTO2g

Bulldog 400

https://youtu.be/um7pdQk414o
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

My M380 is harder on the serving then my M355, nature of the beast. One serves as a backup to the other. The M355 or the M350 is very much worthy of a look...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
RobD

Post by RobD »

L. E. Carroll wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 pm
Dan,

I have, and do enjoy my Matrix 380 as I do my Micro's. But in my case :roll: I would trade my current Matrix 380 straight across-the-board to get my past Matrix 350 SE back.

Gene
In total agreement with Gene. I think the 350SE is the best value going, and I'll be hanging onto mine. I sold off my Matrix 355 and bought a 380, just so I'd have that little extra and not have two identical speed bows. I think the 380 is about the limit of my ability to pull the string at age 49, so the 350SE is definitely sticking around to be my "old man" bow in 15+ years. :wink:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think I'm going to get one. Thanks folks!
dfinley

Post by dfinley »

I've had my matrix 380 blackout (my second crossbow) for just over a month now and I love it. I don't think there is anything else that is better. I can easily cock the bow with a rope cocker at age 63, even so I plan to buy the new charger cocker so I can cock it in a tree stand. Its accurate, light and has the look and feel of something that will last.

When looking for my first crossbow I got caught up in the speed thing and briefly had a horton storm that was defective at best... It chewed up strings, the limbs broke and had to be replaced and finally I asked for and got my money back on that one..

Prior to this I hunted with a compound bow and I had my matthews conquest 3 for 12 years and it is still in good working condition.. The Matrix 380 will probably outlast me. I highly recommend it....
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks again folks. This information is for a friend that has joined the forum, but not exactly sure which model to buy. Like me, he has been shopping hard for his crossbow based on our reviews.