The new Excalibur crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Re: The new Excalibur crank

Post by mchurch »

Does anyone actually have them in stock yet?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Boo

Post by Boo »

mchurch wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 pm
Does anyone actually have them in stock yet?
Not yet. You'd be wise to call your favorite dealer and put a deposit down on one.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

So this is what I waited over 2 years for,,,, I think my C2 is smaller, and I don't need to drill a thing,, I for one am extremely disappointing,, it's not the high tech piece of intelligent tooling I was expecting,,,,, I just can't call this huge contraption an upgrade to what I already have. I think I'll spend my money on larger steps when I pay for an upgrade! Image
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Seems okay. But Blue? Some one was thinking company before hunters. Hey Peter, can we get a color change? I can just see my self bits and piecing camo duct tape to it. :lol:
Hank
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I think it is smaller and a little more compact then the C2 . Again I need one that can be cranked from the left as well from the right and this one does that . Also It can be left on without causing a problem when shooting the C2 really can not be left on when shooting . I kinda like the color this is a color that you maybe able to find if it is taken off and put on the ground . When I was trapping I would paint some of my tools orange so when I put them on the ground I could find them without much trouble .
Boo

Post by Boo »

It is smaller and more compact than the C2 or Parker. It retracts the rope. Removal is faster and more simple. The handle is removable. It's cheaper than the Mission. It's silent.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hey Peter, can we get a color change?
The marketing guys went with the company blue to spice it up a little bit I kind of like it myself. I think when you see and use the new crank you will appreciate it more. Like Don said, its smaller, easier to use, silent and the rope retracts, it works well. Instead of screwing a dowel like the C2 to attach it has a quick release knob so it goes on and off quicker.

I think the new crank is awesome and I'm not sure what else we could of done to make it better except for maybe tacking your deer and cleaning it. :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I dont mind the blue at all. In fact i have esentially replaced all of my camo carry accessories for blaze orange colour ones. Knives, flashlights, rope, headlamp. Im tired of having to LOOK for things.
And the crank is going to be stored in your backpack anyway. So what difference would it make really?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme

Post by newbie »

Peter it does exactly what it needs to and very well. I have never used a crank before this one and the assassin at the show this year. Very easy to use. love the easy on off button just snaps on and pops off the bow.
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am
I think the new crank is awesome and I'm not sure what else we could of done to make it better except for maybe tacking your deer and cleaning it. :lol:
Get the team on it.... times ticking on the ATA 2019 :wink: :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Well i suppose if you hung the deer and mounted the crank to a post, you could use the tennis ball trick!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am
tacking your deer and cleaning it. :lol:
Is that what Kyle is working on next? :mrgreen: Lets start a rumor! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I think they had plenty of time to make crank system that fir the bows, the ancient Tenpoint Accudraw can be retrofit up to the 380's and are part on my bow for the same money, sad Excalibur with others on board today can't come up with anything but a bulky winch you have to pack with you,that is not part of the bow to use it, If I have to carry it around separate I won't be buying old technology I already have that. Like I said, they sure din't spend much time or energy in the way of convenience! Feel like they kinda let us lead ourselves to believe all the newer stocks were going to be able to be retrofit with a cranking device on them new lugs,,,, not an adapter plate! JMHO :(
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Feel like they kinda let us lead ourselves to believe all the newer stocks were going to be able to be retrofit with a cranking device on them new lugs,,,, not an adapter plate! JMHO :(
Thanks for the feedback, the plate reinforces the area with the 2 holes and provides a solid metal piece to make it easy for the crank to clip on and off. The synthetic stock part on its own would wear so that's why we needed to use the adapter plate. I know some are concerned about what to do with multiple crossbows but I'm sure adapter plates will be available.

It's difficult to make a product that meets everybody's expectations but I think our engineering department did a pretty good job.

Peter
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Peter we had a clumsy contraption to carry around already, we need or, I will, have a device that is integrated, that I can use as it is always there, or have the option of using a device, rope cocker if you will, when I want and am able. This is what I waited for, but that was my mistake not Excaliburs, and just maybe I will have to turn elsewhere, but at my age, I will have convenience, and exactly what I want. I have had to make my own before, just to have Excalibur follow suite later. I'm not waiting any more.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The new crank is slick. Huge improvement over the C2 and it fits my suppressor!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.