Assasin

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: Assasin

Post by Carnivorous »

Think Suppressor. Small in size but hits like a brick! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

I was told by Dave @ Wyvern Creations that the bow balances really well and he raved about how well the trigger breaks. He also said this will probably hard to get for awhile. I prepaid early, Excalibur is shipping TWO next week to Wyvern and Dave said one belongs to me :D and will ship next week. BTW I’m a newbie and this is my first crossbow, hunted vertical bow for years but after a 20ft fall onto concrete my reconstructed elbow and arm sure will appreciate that built in crank.

Post by newbie »

BTC624 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:38 am
I was told by Dave @ Wyvern Creations that the bow balances really well and he raved about how well the trigger breaks. He also said this will probably hard to get for awhile. I prepaid early, Excalibur is shipping TWO next week to Wyvern and Dave said one belongs to me :D and will ship next week. BTW I’m a newbie and this is my first crossbow, hunted vertical bow for years but after a 20ft fall onto concrete my reconstructed elbow and arm sure will appreciate that built in crank.
Congrats on the first crossbow and an amazing one at that.
Dave is correct that trigger is amazing. Be sure to post your thoughts when it show up.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTC624 wrote:
Congratulations! It is everything that's been said about this bow by those who shot it and more. It shoots, feels and functions far better than it looks. Pay no attention to any poor comments towards this bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
quake

Post by quake »

As of this morning, it looks like there a few available on eBay. They are “buy it now” listings, no pre-ordering necessary. 8)
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

BTC624 wrote:
Looking forward to your review!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

Thanks guys, I will be sure to follow up when it gets here as far as fit, overall function but like I said I’m a newbie so I’ll probably lack in specifics then someone like many of you that have experience. I’ll do my best though and if there is Anything that I DONT like, I will be sure to include that also. Really like this forum, good people and good information. :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Will be looking forward to your review. Probably will be better coming from an unbiased shooter actually. :? :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 am
Will be looking forward to your review. Probably will be better coming from an unbiased shooter actually. :? :wink:
If people who have shot the bow are biased, what do you call people have not shot the bow and lay down an opinion?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Unbiased. :lol: :lol:
You know some of us have our favorites and tend to compare to them, sort of like a Gage R&R, no influence by the users.

Post by newbie »

My opinions are all biased... towards things I like or don't like :? :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm actually warming up to this bow thanks to some candid remarks about it. Yeah the thing is heavy, but if you throw a Crank on some of the other models, they get heavy too. I'm interested in actual performance numbers from it by users, and the maintenance side of things like cooking rope that requires service from the shop. In about six months we'll have some data to crunch and who knows what the reviews will do for sales. I'm not one to say"never".
Maybe the price will come down some as well, new stuff on the market always fetches top $$.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

newbie wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 am
My opinions are all biased... towards things I like or don't like :? :wink:
Yep! Me 3!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Put it on a suppression diet. That will be an immediate weight savings.. Lol

Post by newbie »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:51 am
I'm actually warming up to this bow thanks to some candid remarks about it. Yeah the thing is heavy, but if you throw a Crank on some of the other models, they get heavy too. I'm interested in actual performance numbers from it by users, and the maintenance side of things like cooking rope that requires service from the shop. In about six months we'll have some data to crunch and who knows what the reviews will do for sales. I'm not one to say"never".
Maybe the price will come down some as well, new stuff on the market always fetches top $$.
I believe it was 700 shots reccomened for crank string. I have been wrong before..... once :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads