Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: when do we find out who the winner is

Post by newbie »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 am
newbie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

It needs to be sent back for any service with the crank. Not user serviceable.
Further to this can the rope be changed by the owner or is this unserviceable and not removable as well.
Also can the unit be removed to be returned for service. Or does the whole bow need to be returned $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Can it be hand cocked if someone choses to do so even when there are no issues as a need for speed in some situations. :?:

Where is the disengage release switch located :?:
Also is there a mechanism to prevent accidental release when underload by means of a accidental
bumping the release switch.
some of your questions are answered above. re read it again.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Peter the team did an awesome job. That trigger is just amazing. The whole bow is.... keep it up!
Thanks! We have a really great engineering and production team that worked their butts of on this project and I'm very proud of what they've done. I think the future is bright here at Excalibur!

Peter
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Peter the team did an awesome job. That trigger is just amazing. The whole bow is.... keep it up!
Thanks! We have a really great engineering and production team that worked their butts of on this project and I'm very proud of what they've done. I think the future is bright here at Excalibur!

Peter
I agree totally!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

It's a funny how some can judge a bow before actually shooting it.
I did that once about Scorpyd bows. Now I own one...lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I think all the questions or most have been answered . I just hope I win it if not it will be a long time before I can afford one if at all .
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

newbie wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm
colouredchameleon wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 am
newbie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

It needs to be sent back for any service with the crank. Not user serviceable.
Further to this can the rope be changed by the owner or is this unserviceable and not removable as well.
Also can the unit be removed to be returned for service. Or does the whole bow need to be returned $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Can it be hand cocked if someone choses to do so even when there are no issues as a need for speed in some situations. :?:

Where is the disengage release switch located :?:
Also is there a mechanism to prevent accidental release when underload by means of a accidental
bumping the release switch.
some of your questions are answered above. re read it again.
Thanks you are right some what after reading the whole thread over again from the start.

So the short of it .
It can get quite expensive to have the crank repaired / cleaned if need be.
As suggested there may be a low cost repair fee by Excalibur.
However the cost of shipping and handling back and forth can be $$$$.
Hopefully Boo is right and a person with a little skill can do their own repair if need be.
I realize some think it may be a little earlier to speculate but it is important to understand the ins and outs of ownership.
I have been burned twice before with a purchase of new state of the art crossbow and boat motor many years ago.

Finding myself dead in the water in the middle of no where with a broken down new motor with the tools to do the repair but not an internal 25 cent part. That I found out later was a normal part simple part failure. How ever an expensive Dealer tear down repair job that with little skill can be done by anyone with a little bit of skill . So now I carry a full carburetor part kit , plus few extras parts so as to never be left stranded again.

Then I bought a new state of the art crossbow only to have it fail in the middle of a very expensive hunt again in the middle of no where so to speak.
But the bright side to that time I hate to say it but Pay Back is B!tch because the company went under shortly after with this new advance model breaking their backs.

So I now do my due diligence and prepared in advance to ensure learn if it is possible to repair in the field if need be.

Or

Will dealers be trained on the repair process procedure .

Not as simple as having a spare set of limbs
colouredchameleon

deleted
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colouredchameleon

Have gotten a little Off Topic so I guess its time to move on and wait until others taken the leap .
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm
Who’s judging the bow??? Sorry not everyone is a blind fanboy! I know what I like and don’t, if you think that’s judging then so be it! I don’t need to see, feel or shoot something that I know that I don’t like and wouldn’t buy. I guess those who give their honest opinions of what they may or may not like just keep it to their self on this forum! Like I said before, majority of hunters who gravitate towards recurve bows do so because they DON’T want moving parts other than the string! That’s why I left compound bows. So if this is the future of Excalibur, then it kinda of limits one’s choice of where to go to purchase newer model of recurves?
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme

Post by newbie »

bigbowman wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm
Who’s judging the bow??? Sorry not everyone is a blind fanboy! I know what I like and don’t, if you think that’s judging then so be it! I don’t need to see, feel or shoot something that I know that I don’t like and wouldn’t buy. I guess those who give their honest opinions of what they may or may not like just keep it to their self on this forum! Like I said before, majority of hunters who gravitate towards recurve bows do so because they DON’T want moving parts other than the string! That’s why I left compound bows. So if this is the future of Excalibur, then it kinda of limits one’s choice of where to go to purchase newer model of recurves?
I really like the bow for what it is. Will I own one? Not likely but it truly is an amazing bow that will allow people to own a high draw micro that normally couldn't.
I can't see the entire lineup getting the crank and stock that would turn many away that don't need or want the crank.
I hope the trigger carrys over but it needs a linkage like the bulldog to operate. I hope they make drop in units for the bulldogs in the future. It is Amazing... and if it's the only bow that will get that trigger I may change my mind and own one it's just that good. You have to shoot it to know what I mean :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I myself plan on winning it and I will tell you what I think of it then. :D :D

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Newbie I’m definitely all for trigger improvements! I guess I’ve been lucky because all of my bows so far have had nice crisp triggers! I just hope this sliding trigger box is not the future for all of Excalibur bows? I guess I’m scared that if the Assassin becomes the future, then the Excalibur that we all have come to love will be changed forever!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm
Have gotten a little Off Topic so I guess its time to move on and wait until others taken the leap .
Yep, we're at the name calling point!
BTW, I hate velcro too!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm hoping we see the Assassin upgrades in some future bows. Excalibur is on the right track..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
okie143

Post by okie143 »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm
I’m sorry but a moving trigger part can not be “ bulletproof”! In your opinion or on paper yes, but only real customer use and field use will be the determining factors to that! If it moves, parts can and will either wear out or possibility of failure at some point. It’s definitely a niche bow, you are absolutely right that it’s not for everybody! But just because I explained the parts that I don’t care for is hardly to be considered trashing a brand or bow! Does it come without a crank or is it only a package deal, take it all or none?
Agree with bigbowman.

When I am in the woods, a long way from the truck and tools or parts, I don't want anything that has a lot of moving parts.

Also if you look at the old Excal models they were bulletproof and could take a lot of punishment and keep on shooting straight and on target.

Now Excal comes out with one that is so expensive that the average hunter cannot afford it and the average person cannot hold and shoot alot.

If you got the bucks go for it, if you got the health go for it, if you have to have the lastest and greatest go for it. But if you are tight on funds just get an older model Excal and it will do you just fine.
Excalibur Axiom 305 SMF with ADF
2017 Excalibur Matrix 380 Tact-Zone Lite-Stuff Crossbow Package
Diablo Excalibur bolts with Excalibur Boltcutter and Trailblazer Broadheads
Lumenok Lighted Nocks
Retired/100% Disabled Veteran