when do we find out who the winner is

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Re: when do we find out who the winner is

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

If I was fortunate enough to win this bow? I'd ask Don to raffle it off at Boofest for his fine charitable cause...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

before you raffle it off- have a none stop shooting booth - to put it to a hands on test ! see how many times it can be fired at the Boofest
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Am I missing something? I have seen pics and videos of the assassin and I can not detect that it has a moving trigger box. Is this true?
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:06 pm
Is it too late to enter? How/where??
Reinyrooster
Go here
Bottom of page to enter
Good luck

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/crossbows/assassin/
colouredchameleon

buckeye wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm
Am I missing something? I have seen pics and videos of the assassin and I can not detect that it has a moving trigger box. Is this true?
See video you can find your answer in Crank up the Silence Section.

I find it interesting though that the trigger box does not move when trigger is pulled.
But later somehow it can be seen pulling the bow string back. .
Would have been nice to see a complete shooting and loading video series .
Which could have went a long way for those wanting to understand the new trigger cranking system.

From what I can see it appears that a internal single rope is attached to back of trigger box which the crank pulls it back in place.
So my question is does the trigger box lock in place once drawn back under load.
Or
Does the Crank / Rope mechanism switch as long as it not disengaged hold it in place by the rope after cranking it up :?:

Is Crank internals serviceable by the shooter in field if need be. ( remove debris / dirt / moisture etc ......)

Plus what is / are the purpose of the blue knob(s) on the side of trigger box

I wonder if it has a built in ADF system :oops:
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Yes it does and engages from under rather than over the string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm
buckeye wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm
See video you can find your answer in Crank up the Silence Section.

I find it interesting though that the trigger box does not move when trigger is pulled.
But later somehow it can be seen pulling the bow string back. .
Would have been nice to see a complete shooting and loading video series .
Which could have went a long way for those wanting to understand the new trigger cranking system.

From what I can see it appears that a internal single rope is attached to back of trigger box which the crank pulls it back in place.
So my question is does the trigger box lock in place once drawn back under load.
Or
Does the Crank / Rope mechanism switch as long as it not disengaged hold it in place by the rope after cranking it up :?:

Is Crank internals serviceable by the shooter in field if need be. ( remove debris / dirt / moisture etc ......)

Plus what is / are the purpose of the blue knob(s) on the side of trigger box

It's a block and tackle system. The crank string goes through a pulley on the back of the trigger. It has a catch at the back of the trigger rail that holds the unit in place cocked or shot.
To cock it you hit the release disengege the crank and push the trigger unit forward using the safety (a.k.a. the blue knobs on the side of unit) until it locks on the string and then engage the saftey. Then engage the crank and crank it back until the catch locks it in place. They used a catch for repeatability.
You can uncock it with the crank but the unit will stay attached to the string.
If the crank string breaks as I stated someplace else here you just cut off the rest pull it out of the crank and use a rope cocker.
It needs to be sent back for any service with the crank. Not user serviceable.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
colouredchameleon

newbie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Further to this can the rope be changed by the owner or is this unserviceable and not removable as well.
Also can the unit be removed to be returned for service. Or does the whole bow need to be returned $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Can it be hand cocked if someone choses to do so even when there are no issues as a need for speed in some situations. :?:

Where is the disengage release switch located :?:
Also is there a mechanism to prevent accidental release when underload by means of a accidental
bumping the release switch.
Boo

Post by Boo »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 am
newbie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Further to this can the rope be changed by the owner or is this unserviceable and not removable as well.
Also can the unit be removed to be returned for service. Or does the whole bow need to be returned $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Can it be hand cocked if someone choses to do so even when there are no issues as a need for speed in some situations. :?:

Where is the disengage switch located :?:
While the trigger unit is limited in it's travel (ie; rope braking, it cannot leave the track and the track ends at the riser), I do not believe Excalibur wants anyone to replace their own rope. I heard that there will be a program where you send part of your bow to Excalibur and they replace the rope for a pretty low fee. Looking at it, I don't see it too difficult for someone with skills and a decent brain should be able to handle it. It can easily be cocked by rope cocker, so in theory, the crank system never has to be used. I forget exactly but I think it was 12 or 13 turns of the handle to fully cock the bow.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

I went on their facebook and asked/ messaged some of these questions .

ok rope breaks while hunting - yes it can be cocked with a cocker rope-who's goona carry a spare rope cocker around ? - that's why I bought the bow don't need to carry a cocker rope.

what if this person is physically unable to cock a crossbow with a rope cocker -- hunting is over -- send in bow?( he didn't understand the questions)
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

It can be cocked with a rope . The crank is kinda of like what is on A ten point so one will have to do some research as to of often the rope to the crank broke with them . I would guess not the often .
Boo

Post by Boo »

hunter with MS wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am
It can be cocked with a rope . The crank is kinda of like what is on A ten point so one will have to do some research as to of often the rope to the crank broke with them . I would guess not the often .
In the event that the rope does break, the trigger unit's travel is limited by the riser which has a buffer stop to ease the impact. It is captured and cannot come out of it's track.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

bigbowman wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:20 pm
I don't like that moving trigger box. Seems they are trying to compete with Ravin on this aspect of their new bow? That's why most gravitate towards recurves because of the only moving part should be the string! Not everyone wants or needs a built in crank, it should be an option. The stock looks awful boxy and awkward? The stock & cheek piece are also other moving parts. This new Excalibur Assassin has a Bowtech footprint all over it! I don't believe I trashed any bows in any other threads that I can recall? I stated my opinions about what I don't like about this bow, but I would hardly think it was trashing! I'm just trying to figure out why Excalibur forgot about their own motto of no moving parts???
Well said! To "Clunky" for me... If I were to win :lol: :lol: :lol: I would sell/trade for a "real" excal!
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

ok rope breaks while hunting - yes it can be cocked with a cocker rope-who's goona carry a spare rope cocker around ? - that's why I bought the bow don't need to carry a cocker rope.

what if this person is physically unable to cock a crossbow with a rope cocker -- hunting is over -- send in bow?( he didn't understand the questions)
First off, the chances the rope is going to break is remote but we know anything can happen. The good thing about the Assassin is it can be cocked with a rope cocker if the rope for some reason breaks, its like cocking a Micro 355. If you can't cock the crossbow with a rope cocker then yes I guess its a problem but that's true for any crossbow with a crank.

Right now if the rope needs replacing it will have to be done at one of our warranty centers. We will also have a service program where you can send in your Assassin at anytime and have the rope replaced, string replaced and the entire crossbow serviced for a low fee so to avoid issues.

You can't build something that everybody is going to like and that's why we offer 13 different models to try in meet the needs of different people. I hope this helps explain things a little better.

Peter

Post by newbie »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 am

First off, the chances the rope is going to break is remote but we know anything can happen. The good thing about the Assassin is it can be cocked with a rope cocker if the rope for some reason breaks, its like cocking a Micro 355. If you can't cock the crossbow with a rope cocker then yes I guess its a problem but that's true for any crossbow with a crank.

Right now if the rope needs replacing it will have to be done at one of our warranty centers. We will also have a service program where you can send in your Assassin at anytime and have the rope replaced, string replaced and the entire crossbow serviced for a low fee so to avoid issues.

You can't build something that everybody is going to like and that's why we offer 13 different models to try in meet the needs of different people. I hope this helps explain things a little better.

Peter
Peter the team did an awesome job. That trigger is just amazing. The whole bow is.... keep it up!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!