Leupold Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

Leupold Scopes

Post by Sloppy Does »

I have a Leupold AR MOD 1 1.5 to 4 X 20MM with the green firedot SPR reticle. I love this scope very much and I am wanting to add a Leupold to one of my other bows. I've got it narrowed down to 2 others along with the one I already have. The VXR with the red dot duplex and the VX3i heavy duplex. For those who know I have two questions. How much difference in low light between the three and is the bottom post good for other ranges say 30 to 40 or for however it works out with my bow? The one I have has hashes that can be used so its irrelevant to that question. I keep my scope on 4 power at all times by the way because that's what works for me. I am willing to buy another AR MOD 1 if that's what is the best overall but want to know how much low light gain I would get with the other two. Also it will be a 1 to 4 x20mm for sure not interested in other sizes it works for me.
Thanks
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
vixenmaster

Re: Leupold Scopes

Post by vixenmaster »

Not much help here, i have the heavy xhair Loopy's VX1 in 2x7 n the 1x4. I like the 2x7 n i have mine sighted in at 30 yds n use hold over under at 20 n 40 yds. I will get the VXR 2x7 in the future to keep my weight down
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315

Post by newbie »

I have that exact scope the mark AR. I liked it so much I bought a second. I like I can use the hashes/open turrets at the range and hunting. I do wish the hashes were a little more bold but I generally sight for 30 yards before hinting and just use some Kentucky windage.
I would buy another in a heartbeat or the VXR patrol.
I love how tiny the Mark AR is.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I sold my Mark AR Mod-1 to Newbie. They’re great scopes and lighter then the VXR Patrol, (which I also own), with the same SPR reticle. Optically the VXR Patrol is slightly and I mean slightly better. If the price is a determining factor, I don’t think the extra $200-$300 for the VxR is worth it. The Mark AR mod-1 is more than suitable and slightly lighter.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Boo

Post by Boo »

I like my 30 mm VXR Hog scope. I sighted in my 405 from 30 to 50 yards. I used the spot where the crosshairs meet the lower heavy duplex reticle to kill a turkey at 50 yards.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
michigan man

Post by michigan man »

I had a Hawke XB30 Pro scope and thought the glass was pretty good until I compared it to my VX11 at low light. I sold the Hawke and bought a VX111 1 1/2x 5 with the heavy duplex reticle. Most of my shots in Michigan are 30 yards and under, so I sight in at 25 and don't really worry about the range. Also the heavy reticle shows up great, even when it's time to climb down and head for the truck.
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

VXR Hog would be pretty awesome