GRZ2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

GRZ2

Post by xcaliber »

Anybody using this bow?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
galamb

Re: GRZ2

Post by galamb »

Don't use one but have put a bunch together and sold a bunch along with the Grizzly - both popular bows due to the price point.

It's essentially the same bow as the full up Grizzly with two basic exceptions. The stock is a little more skeletonized and it has a lower grade scope (something "less than expensive" exclusively found on the GRZ2).

Both are solid 300'ish fps bows, well suited to deer.

Unless the stock is the selling point OR you plan on swapping the optics anyway, for 50 more bucks you get better value for your money with the Grizzly.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks, I'm looking for a bare bow. LBJ has me thinking about the cocking effort as I get older. I like the Matrix size, and this bow with the Micro stock seems like a nice light bow to carry into the woods long term. Maybe the two I end up with will be the Matrix 330 & this one. I'm going to hunt with the Micro 355 for a year or three, but thinking this one won't be available next year!
galamb

Post by galamb »

That's kinda why I haven't upgraded my Vix II.

I'm not a small guy (6'1", 200'ish pounds and draw 31" on my vertical bow) but it's really nice only having to pull 150 pounds, especially when shooting a lot of target - the 260 plus draw weights just to gain a few fps, which I don't need for deer at 35 yards max just hasn't seemed worth it.

But I do have my eye on the new 308 short's even if that means the addition of a crank as I get a little older :)
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

if I wanted a lower draw weight bow I would jump on the Bulldog 330..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I would like to try the 330 also it really looks cool. Maby go to a place that has both exie n shoot both of em.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Still kicking around another Matrix model. I'm not a big fan of the Bull Pup design. It's not that there is anything wrong with them, but the Matrix bows feel pretty comfortable for me. I might even consider a Micro 335. Right now I'm just dreaming out loud. :lol: :lol:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:56 am
Still kicking around another Matrix model. I'm not a big fan of the Bull Pup design. It's not that there is anything wrong with them, but the Matrix bows feel pretty comfortable for me. I might even consider a Micro 335. Right now I'm just dreaming out loud. :lol: :lol:
so many bows. So little time.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You got that right! :lol: :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Dont over look the micro 315. Its not bad to cock and packs a stout punch
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm
That's a pretty good idea, thanks! :wink:
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm
That's a pretty good idea, thanks! :wink:
Or..... You could buy a gen1 335.
Then you would have a 315, 335, 355, and 375 depending on what mood you were in hahaha
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
kde

Post by kde »

I have one and I really like it. This is my first crossbow and I haven't shot a bunch so maybe I just don't know any better but I can't even see myself wanting to upgrade anytime soon. I made very few modifications to the crossbow. I wrapped the stirrup with some rubber tape, added some homemade limb silencers made from an old bicycle inner tube, and put on one of Vixenmaster's flemish strings. Everyone says it has a cheap scope but mine has held its zero. I sighted it in for 25 yards and just use the top crosshair. I like to keep things simple. In one of Midway USA's commercials, Larry Potterfield quotes somebody as saying, "Only accurate rifles are interesting." The GRZ2 is not a rifle but it's interesting.