Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tennessee Rebel

Hawke XB 30 Pro

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

Any feedback on the Hawke XB 30 Pro?
gerald strine

Re: Hawke XB 30 Pro

Post by gerald strine »

I think if you type XB 30 Por in the search box you will fine info on it.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I picked up one this year and it sits on my Micro 335. I asked a few questions on this site and got some good info. I'm very happy with it. Great scope. Shot a few deer with it and and the glass is clear and good for low light conditions morning and evening. If you are going to any of the outdoor shows check one out. Good luck
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
Tennessee Rebel

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

I'm curious to know what anyone who has used one thinks of them. I have a Luepold VX III 1.5X5 that I have used on my last two Excaliburs, a Matrix 380 and a Micro 335. I am looking to buy a Suppressor and found a package that includes the Hawke and a Crypt case. My other option is to buy the bare Suppressor from Wyvern and use my Luepold on it.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

The best advice is go look thru the scope and see what you think. This is what I did to compare them. This helped me with my decision to buy it.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

I like my Hawke xb 30 pro sr. I replaced my dead zone with it last year on my matrix 350
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

I've had both, the Hawke is no comparison to your VXIII.

Honestly I hate my Hawke on my Ravin.

The optics are not what I am used to and reticle is way too cluttered.

I found out recently from another member here, that resale value on them is awful. I'm talking less than half of new after 6 months and 1 hunting season.

I'm basically stuck with it
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

While it ain't a Leupold Varix III, it is a very functional scope.
I run a Hawke XB-30 Compact on my 380 Matrix.
It's been on there damn near since day one getting that bow.
Some may not like the "clutter", but I demand aiming points to 100 yards, or I am simply not interested.

Taken a couple dozen critters with that bow now.
Ranges from point blank to quite a fair ways out there.
And in light from mid-day to last five legal minutes.
It gather light well, the variable lighted reticles are great, and it has maintained zero from 20 to 100 yards forever.
I won't be getting shed of it any time soon.

That said, I might have to collect one of the new Hawke's for my Buddy's bow...
You know, just to see if he (err... "I"... LOL) likes it! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have one on my micro and like it quite a lot. Good glass and I think a functional reticle. I really like the infinitely adjustable brightness
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

X2 What IronNoggin said, best maybe not a Schmidt and Bender, but the best glass your going to find in a dedicated crossbow scope that will give yoou spot on aiming points every 10 yards from 20 to a hundred, I can even set mine for 30 yards and have every ten yard aiming points out to 100! I

The XB-30 PRO has way better glass than and light gathering than the compact and will give the luppy a run for its money, maybe not quite as good but very close. The XB-30 PRO also has better lighted reticle control with a variable rheostat that does go dimmer for low light use, but as bright if anyone would ever want it in daylight?

Don't know about resale, that would be a first and up to the seller how fast he needs to move it. I sold a good clean one after a year to upgrade to the newest model, which is by far improved glass and reticle over the older ones, and sold it for $200.00, I paid $250.00 for the new one.

I think If I paid $500.00 for a new scope even a leupold or Vortex, even Burris, I would be lucky to sell it used a year later for $400.00, which is the same with any scope, you ain't going to make money on it. I just don't see the difference, loose 50 on 250, or 100 on 500,, same thing!

All in ALL I have tried them all, I have an XB-30 PRO SR on my 380 Mad Max, on my 350M custom, on my Darton XT 150 Custom, and have one setting in the box for my next crossbow venture,, I don't think there is a better DEDICATED crossbow scope made, at any price!

OH and in 5 years running them from the first PRO to the newest model, I have never lost zero, or setup a scope easier with aming points to 100 yards than this scope. Plus like I said, on the 380's I setup at 30 yards and can dial in every 10 yards after that!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Has Hawke incorporated an auto off for their illumination yet?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Not sure but mine do not have that feature. I'm OK with that though, as I could see a scenario where the timer went off and my reticle shut off right when I needed it. I just carry and extra battery
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am
Not sure but mine do not have that feature. I'm OK with that though, as I could see a scenario where the timer went off and my reticle shut off right when I needed it. I just carry and extra battery
The extra battery solution is definitely cheaper than the auto on/off, motion activated system that’s standard on a Leupold VXR.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I just put one on my Micro 335 about an hour ago. Since I couldn't wait to try it out, I tossed three arrows at 20 yards free-handed to get a rough sight in. Then tossed another at 40 yards to confirm the speed setting. Then I backed up to 70 yards and dropped an arrow within a few inches of the bulls-eye shooting free-handed. This thing will work just fine.

I stepped outside right at dusk and it certainly gathers more light than the stock scope. The illumination is great because right at dusk I was having to pack it in about 10 minutes early because I couldn't see my crosshairs.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol: