Most Sought After '18

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Most Sought After '18

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Just wondering even with all the new '18 bows available soon, which bow in the current offerings do you think most will be most sought after and why? I personally would be interested in the 308 Short. Most of my shots are taken from a tree 30 yards or less. Which bow and why? Thanks...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
GrassyKnoll

Re: Most Sought After '18

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Me personally, I think the new Assassin will be a very hot seller for Excalibur. It has what most have been asking for in regards to a new crank, and now with an integrated silent crank, I think it's a home run... but it comes at a bit of a price tag... and I don't like the sliding catch mechanism.... but that's me

If I had to start all over and had no crossbow, it would be the Bulldog 380... I have a bulldog 400 and it is not my favorite bow just because of the extra draw length needed to cock it. That's why I love the 380 platform, whether it be a Matrix or Bulldog series..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

x 2 on the 308 short for me it would be a nice compliment to my 350 , I do not really go for all the sound suppression add on's for my bows so Ill take the Short over the banshee put some Danny miller string stops on it wrap the striup and call it done.
The Assassin I am sure is a great performer but I have not been getting excited about it I like to keep my gear simple,easy to maintain, dependable,and have it look good with simple clean lines.
The Serenity camo for me has no appeal the only color deer can see is blue I feel if they take the Serenity Camo just use shades of Gray on the black stock would be a better option,I think the Serenity Idea was to appeal to women but I feel women who hunt are not all that concerned about feminine camo patterns, they just want gear that fits them , looks good, and works.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm really liking my little suppressor. Going to be a joy hunting with it this season. First up is Turkey!! Lol

IMG]https://images2.imgbox.com/13/8f/r1xMMYOI_o.jpg[/IMG]
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:36 pm
I'm really liking my little suppressor. Going to be a joy hunting with it this season. First up is Turkey!! Lol

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Speaking for myself, the Micro 355! :lol: :lol:
I think the Assassin if the initial reviews are great, it will be the top seller.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I predict the most sought out in 2018 will be one of the new Ten Points! I won’t go back to compound bows no matter how they make them! As far as recurves, I predict the new 308s will be the big seller this year for Excalibur. The Assassin is a niche bow that will sell to those truly needing a crank to draw their bow.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme

Post by newbie »

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:37 pm
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Jeff I don't believe that bow will be around that long :wink:
I like the Assasin and think it will be a great selling bow. Has everything that's been asked for.
If I were to get a new bow I'm leaning bulldog. Toss up between the supressor as I LOVE the Micro platform or a BD400/380 As I only have 2 slow 335s :lol: or so I've been told.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I have not seen all the new models yet but I like the Assassin although I’m curious about the weight by the time you add a scope, quiver and bolts your pushing 10 lbs that’s heavier than most guns. I also like the 308 and the new Bulldog 330 because of the size and weight as soon as I can shoot all of them I’ll make my decision then. I would never go back to cams on a crossbow after having this 405.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

In my case, it would have been one of the no longer made or offered Matrix models, such as the "like new" 350 Matrix 350 SE I let go of earlier this year. :cry:

Personally, not being a huge fan of the current production bull-pup models being offered, :roll:

I'm finding comfort andcomplete satisfaction with my Matrix 380, the Micro 335 Gen ll, and the two Micro 355's I have squirrled away. :D

I will not be shopping for any new 2018 bull-pup model in my for see able future. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
L. E. Carroll

Oops

Post by L. E. Carroll »

sorry .. duplicate post. :oops: I hate it when that happens :mrgreen:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
SEW

Post by SEW »

bigbowman wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm
I predict the most sought out in 2018 will be one of the new Ten Points! I won’t go back to compound bows no matter how they make them! As far as recurves, I predict the new 308s will be the big seller this year for Excalibur. The Assassin is a niche bow that will sell to those truly needing a crank to draw their bow.
I agree.
I don’t foresee myself going back to a compound, but Ten Point is the most likely if I do. Admittedly, I want the longest practical maximum range practical. Past experience with 10 Pt was very positive.
My choice in the current Excalibur lineup is the BD400. Bet, I’m in the minority. My first choice of all Excalibur products is the M405 and I’d like a Gen 1 Micro 355.
But, I’m not NORMAL! I think Excalibur is going in the right direction with their current products!
janesy

Post by janesy »

SEW wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 am
bigbowman wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:10 pm
I agree.
I don’t foresee myself going back to a compound, but Ten Point is the most likely if I do. Admittedly, I want the longest practical maximum range practical. Past experience with 10 Pt was very positive.
My choice in the current Excalibur lineup is the BD400. Bet, I’m in the minority. My first choice of all Excalibur products is the M405 and I’d like a Gen 1 Micro 355.
But, I’m not NORMAL! I think Excalibur is going in the right direction with their current products!
I would agree with that, pretty cool offerings in the last year
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I'll probably have an Assassin, with all the garbage stripped off, Air Brakes, Gone, limb jax Gone, wedges on the inside of the limbs Gone, This is what I did with my Suppressor and loved the balance with the lightened up front end. With all this baggage on the front end I thought it was front heavy, and I think it will probably be the same on the Assassin.

Now I am open minded and will try it as it comes, that beautiful integrated cocker may just accommodate that front added weight. I am not a lighter is always better guy. I like some weight and find it can make for better offhand accuracy, if it is balanced right, and that is subject to the individual. But along with Tenpoint Stealth and it's new integrated Pro cocker that I have already bought, the Assassin will be in the cave as soon as the pocket book heal's up!

I am to the point, I just have to heal to a cocking aid, or risk doing more damage to my neck and back, and I do not want to go under that knife again, so these will be the start of my new era in crossbows, I think these companies both stole the show!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I will say if Excalibur would have added a true integrated cocker that could be used on the Micros and Bulldogs, I would have went with the 400 bulldog cut down with a Matrix front end fit to it, to give me the same draw length the older 405 had and would have had a personalized 405 Bulldog with an integrated cocker,, but they dropped that ball after three years to come up with a reasonable design,,,,,, :(

So my reason for the other choice to go with the assassin,, just more compact than the dog!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!