Who would like to see Peter Balfour, Bill and Kathy at Boofest?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: Who would like to see Peter Balfour, Bill and Kathy at Boofest?

Post by SEW »

I feel honored (honoured in English & Canadian) to get to be a part of this forum.

When I went to school in England (they call it “University” , I call it school), all my papers had to be written in proper English, not American. HARD to believe, but the Queen stopped at our driveway (Merton England) and talked to my wife and 2 daughters (3 & 7) for about a minute
In 1978. We were the only Americans in town (pop 286).

Hopefully, we all stand in awe of what Bill and Kathy conceived and others have built upon. Peter needs a raise. That guy (can’t call anyone “guy” in England) does a great job!
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTT
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 am
I would love to come to Boofest if my scheduling works but it always seems we have something planned that weekend. My wife has some ideas about a maritime trip this year at the end of July so not sure if that is a conflict yet. If I'm available I will be there, should know in a few weeks.

Peter

Peter:

Don told me he will fill up a kiddie pool with some sail boats....you could tell your wife that you have a great "maritime" trip planned for her! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

What an Honor it would be to meet the founders of the best recurve bows ever made!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It would be an honor to meet them as well as many of the members of the forum. I too owe Peter a brew, he has been very helpful to me as many of you have!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pm
It would be an honor to meet them as well as many of the members of the forum. I too owe Peter a brew, he has been very helpful to me as many of you have!
X2 he has enabled many upgrades over the years!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I am hoping they are able attend
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Peter:

Don told me he will fill up a kiddie pool with some sail boats....you could tell your wife that you have a great "maritime" trip planned for her! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great idea Anthony, not sure she'll buy it though. :lol: Next year I'm going to do my best to attend Boofest, what's the date for Boofest 2019 Don? :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 am
Peter:

Great idea Anthony, not sure she'll buy it though. :lol: Next year I'm going to do my best to attend Boofest, what's the date for Boofest 2019 Don? :D
Don't know for sure yet Peter but it should be the 22nd next year.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....should I start the 2019 count? :eusa-think: :lol:

.....every time I think I might just be able to make it this year one of my parents winds up in the hospital yet again....each week they are taking turns...dad has been dealing with very high and low BP that the doctors can't seem to regulate....all day in the hospital yesterday...oh well,we all go down this path at some point in our lives!

.....I would love to be there, just to see everyone again....and to be with Steve :crazy: and Gaston :crazy: .....It alone makes the trip worthwhile!

.....and if Don can get the engineer who developed the Assassin there that would be sweet! :eusa-popcorn: ....I had the pleasure if meeting Bill, Kathy and Peter 3 years ago....definitely worthwhile! :thumbup:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just got confirmation that Bill and Kath will be coming to Boofest and they will likely stay over night! Should be some good campfire stories! :eusa-dance:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 pm
Just got confirmation that Bill and Kath will be coming to Boofest and they will likely stay over night! Should be some good campfire stories! :eusa-dance:
Cool!!!
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Just meeting the Troubridges would make this event worth going to! It's got me seriously considering it. It's just such a long haul from Carolina though...
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nchunter wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:06 am
Just meeting the Troubridges would make this event worth going to! It's got me seriously considering it. It's just such a long haul from Carolina though...

Keith....that sounds like a commitment to me! I even have a plan for you to attend:

1. Assumption is that you have your passport, :eusa-pray:

2. You drive up to The People's Republic of New Jersey in time to be at my house sometime around dinner time Weds.... :crazy:

3. You have dinner at the Romano residence. :eusa-drool:

4. Pack your stuff in my 4Runner,

5. Catch some shut eye. :eusa-whistle:

6. Wake up and shower in time to leave around 3:30 AM for the Pilgrimage to Newtonville, ON.

7. We get up there around midday to early afternoon Thursday....

8. Have a hotel room already booked thanks to Paulaboutform (two double beds)...if your not happy with that I'm sure we can book a separate room.

9. I usually head over to Boo's farm around mid afternoon and help him on Thurs and Friday in preparation for the Saturday/Sunday Boofest event...

10. I usually leave early Monday morning around "dark zero hundred" for the trek home....

11. Once we get back to The People's Republic of New Jersey I will assist you with anything you need to do for your trek back to NC...

You will leave very happy that you attended and having met your extended Excalibur family and having attended your first Boofest with a promise to again return for another Pilgrimage....

So that's the Itinerary....What say you?

Anthony :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:

PS Trip to include a few nights at the campfire telling stories and just having fun, the 100 yard shoot, meeting Dr Danny Miller and Don and Karin Katsumi, an awesome fundraiser event on saturday and a very important aspect for only those who have attended; "what happens at Boofest stays at Boofest!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

I appreciate the offer, but if I go Boofest would be only one of several places I'd be visiting, including Quebec City, Ft. Ticonderoga, and Dixon Muzzleloading Fair the following weekend.