Chinese made broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Back strap

Re: Chinese made broadheads

Post by Back strap »

If I have a choice I am buying American
Matrix 405// Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ south shore archery 18 in spinal tapps/ plastic nock/ sk300 vanes/ 92 grain insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY
galamb

Post by galamb »

Because products made in NAFTA countries with components also made in NAFTA countries are exempt from any duties going across the US/Canada border you sometimes get your eyes opened as to what Made In the USA or Made in Canada actually means.

Domestically a Made in Canada product can have a significant amount of foreign made or foreign sourced components. As long it is not exported to the US (so no NAFTA cross border rules) that package that says "Made in Canada" the product only has to be 51% "Canadian".

If that product is exported to the US it would not meet the definition of "made in Canada" unless the non-Canadian (parts) were from the US or Mexico.

And it is also apparent with US products that claim 100% US Made with no other disclaimers.

When (we) import Ten Point Archery crossbow "kits" that have 100% American Made plastered all over the boxes they "do not" meet the NAFTA threshold. While the bare bow meets the definition, the accessories do not (scope, quiver and a couple other items).

So you really have to understand what the terminology means "domestically".

Muzzy does not make their own "blades", they source them from US and European companies (and since they have the same parent as Rage do they likewise source their blades as well?).

But where does the US/European suppliers source them from? (I don't personally know). But if they source them from "somewhere else" does that mean Muzzy can claim "made in the USA" simply because they got the blades from a "domestic" company? If you source a (foreign made) blade from a US company and then assemble it into your broadhead does that meet the "domestic definition"?
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

janesy wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:43 am
Bullzeye wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:06 pm
Kev, If Canadian retailers would stop hosing us, id be happy to buy Canadian. Think about it, when our dollar was on par with the US, for quite a few years I might add, do you know of any stores that reduced their prices???? Now, as soon as our dollar went in the crapper, all the stores raised their prices, blaming it on the dollar. We just keep taking it in the azz, as the retailers keep screwing us. Greed is a terrible thing, and it's what's eventually going to kill mNy Canadian stores.
I am a canadian retailer. That statement couldn't be further from the truth. You probably think canadian retailers are sleeping on matresses full of cash too. :roll:
What is the truth, keep buying cheap knockoff products. Thats the ONLY way to guarantee a price increase on domestic products US or Canadian.
No, I don't think many retailers are racking it in, but again, how many retailers do you know lower prices when the Cdn dollar equals the Greenback. I personally only know one, not many do.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This means of huntin is rapidly becoming fer those who have better fundin than fixed income ppl. Jus a fact of life today, cost of food also is gettin to steep. As a boy down home a box of .22 shells would feed the family all Fall fer 29 cents fer shorts in my single shot. Now the box of shells is well over $3 n is a bargin, spect i can put 40+ tree rats in the crock pot
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bullzeye wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 pm
janesy wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:43 am
Bullzeye wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:06 pm
Kev, If Canadian retailers would stop hosing us, id be happy to buy Canadian. Think about it, when our dollar was on par with the US, for quite a few years I might add, do you know of any stores that reduced their prices???? Now, as soon as our dollar went in the crapper, all the stores raised their prices, blaming it on the dollar. We just keep taking it in the azz, as the retailers keep screwing us. Greed is a terrible thing, and it's what's eventually going to kill mNy Canadian stores.
I am a canadian retailer. That statement couldn't be further from the truth. You probably think canadian retailers are sleeping on matresses full of cash too. :roll:
What is the truth, keep buying cheap knockoff products. Thats the ONLY way to guarantee a price increase on domestic products US or Canadian.
No, I don't think many retailers are racking it in, but again, how many retailers do you know lower prices when the Cdn dollar equals the Greenback. I personally only know one, not many do.
As explained, there's a bit more to it than that.
I'll respectfully bow out of this conversation, as I deal mainly in commodity which is adjusted daily.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
galamb

Post by galamb »

The majority of our hunting/fishing stock/supplies/offerings are "pre-ordered" every December.

That is when the vendor shows are in full swing. The price is set at that point, stuff is ordered and a (contract to buy) is established.

Regardless of what the Canadian dollar does a week, a month or many months from that point, whether it goes up or down, our "cost" is already fixed.

When you walk into a retailer you are not buying from a US or European location where the daily exchange rate applies.

In years when the CanuckBuck has been falling and seems like it will fall further I will order more to try and hedge against further price pressure.

In years where the dollar is improving I will buy less stock hoping to obtain future stock at a better price. However, if I do so I loose any perks offered by the companies at "show time" - often 5 to 10% show discounts, free shipping on orders over $10K or whatever, so I take some risk that I won't have enough to satisfy my market or will end up paying more for that stock because I gambled.

Unfortunately there just isn't many, if any, Canadian suppliers that we can buy from to escape the fluctuation in the dollar. And likewise, most of those Canada based suppliers are getting their product from the US/Europe/China - where ever and all that commerce is done in US dollars.

When the dollar improves I don't get a "rebate" because I paid with lower valued Canadian Dollars a number of months ago.

Yes, sometimes it sucks to be Canadian.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

galamb

Thanks for the seminar, gently and thoroughly presented, on the game of retail....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.