WTH? Excalibur 100gr Fixed blade

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

quake

Re: WTH? Excalibur 100gr Fixed blade

Post by quake »

Thanks for the review, that's good to know!
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Just curious why you would shoot the broadheads without blades? Not really getting reliable broadhead flight data.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Bcxbow wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 pm
Just curious why you would shoot the broadheads without blades? Not really getting reliable broadhead flight data.
I missed that.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I tested a few of the xact and 100 boltcutters with the blades at 20 and 50 yards and they hit the same place. I did the bulk (about sixty shots) without blades. I found no flight variance at those ranges at my speed.

I’m not really into flight data as much as actual performance. There was no breeze to speak of. All I know is they work, fit the bolts wonderfully, and fly accurate at 300fps or so.

I don’t spin test bolts nor heads, don’t use a special string, don’t do custom fletchings or special bolts, and I don’t worry about Flight data. I don’t use sound suppression other than a piece of bicycle innertube between the stirrup and riser, and I wraped the sides of the stirrup with innertube. I don’t begrudge those who do wizardry and science but theirs won’t shoot or kill any better than this at 70 yards.

I also use a 30-30 with 150gr Powermax and 30-06 with 180gr Powermax, but I hunt LARGE Boars with a 410, thats special.