Sought after past models

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Re: Sought after past models

Post by longbow joe »

I have a micro and matrixs. .....l still shoot and like the lond limbers better....maby its my stickbow past ,dont know.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I think it’s a given that the longer the limbs, the more accurate. Also, when high quality arrows are used, higher poundage causes no accuracy degradation (M405 is as accurate as the M330).

To me, being a longer range xbow hunter, when accuracy, size and speed are all factored in, the M405 is the clear choice for me. Followed by the BD400 and M380.

If I were to self impose a maximum hunting range of 50ish yards or metres , I’d likely choose one of the smaller, more user friendly Excaliburs. But, if there are no physical limitations, I don’t understand just not wanting the maximum effective/ethical range unless the physical hunting environment doesn’t present longer ranges. After all, the larger deer seem to prefer denser areas.

I believe Excalibur is making what the majority of xbow users actually need , and more importantly from a marketing aspect, want.
Boo

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:39 am
I believe Excalibur is making what the majority of xbow users actually need , and more importantly from a marketing aspect, want.
You hit that one, right dead center of the bullseye. The market "wants" is what drives new products.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Boo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:14 am
SEW wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:39 am
You hit that one, right dead center of the bullseye. The market "wants" is what drives new products.
I'm so looking forward to the semi automatic version! :lol:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
munch

Post by munch »

RexKay wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 am
The red label black vixen :D
Got one
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Personally, I regret selling my now discontinued Matrix 350 SE awhile back... Depending on my health issues and the results I get from an up-comming CT I hope to soon be shopping around for another to replace it. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier