Arrow question for new suppressor

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sully_pa

Arrow question for new suppressor

Post by Sully_pa »

Picked up a new suppressor to replace my Vortex And I'm thinking about using my 2216's cut down to 16 1/2".....will this work well with the higher draw weight ? I use 216's with my Vortex right now and have zero issues with accuracy.
I used carbons years ago and went back to aluminum so all my fletching tools are for aluminum now and I have over 2 dozen autumn hunters I was thinking of cutting down for this bow.
If I can and my calculations are right the bare arrow will be 198.22 grains /2" vanes 18 /aluminum inserts front and back 68 and a 100 broadhead I should be sitting at 384 or so ....

What do you guys think?
[b][size=150]Sully[/size][/b]
nchunterkw

Re: Arrow question for new suppressor

Post by nchunterkw »

I think you may want a little more weight up front to get more FOC. A 150gr BH would do the trick I think. But others on here who shoot Al would know for sure
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
tipnchip

Post by tipnchip »

I don't know if the 2216's would work or not but Easton puts out a 2219 arrow for the cross bow. They come at 22 or 20 inch. I have cut them to 16" for my matrix 330 and that seems to be working fine. My total length, including 100 gr. grim reaper bh and lum. lighted nock is 18 5/16, balance point is at 10.43 inches. Not sure if I need more weight up front or not.
Normous

Post by Normous »

The 16.5" 2216's will pair very well with your Suppressor. To increase FOC slightly you can easily cut the rear aluminum in half, or you can add extra weight up front using a heavier broadhead as suggested by nch.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family