My favorite stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

My favorite stand

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.org/image/7kr682z97/]Image[/
I was out retrieving some treestands today and l just had to take a picture of one of my favorites.deep in that snarl is a dicks &49.95 ladderstand. I killed my nine pointer out of it this year and many nice deer in the past. Nature has reclaimed it and kindly made it part of the tree. The big sideways limb acts like a sofa arm crossbow rest and has a built in knot that my rangefinder or phone fits in . Best of all its near a deer interstate . Truely one of my favorite stands.best of all .......The deer never see me in it other than scent im invisable to them .
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
foofoo

Re: My favorite stand

Post by foofoo »

thats great!. i do the same kinda thing. find patchs of the nastiest briars with small trees magled in the sea of them and fight my way in and set the cheapest ladder stands i can get on clearance. way to go!
quake

Post by quake »

Man that's cool!!
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sorry somehow it got deleated/now its back
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Joe,
I had a stand a few years back we called it the gillie tree stand. The guys I hunt with we took a lot of 🦌 out of it. The funny part is that is was not that high off the ground. I finally lost it to Mother Nature. I always look for them vines to hand stands. I think they are great cover.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR