Assassin String advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Back strap

Re: Assassin String advice

Post by Back strap »

Just maybe if Excalibur did a better job on their serving on their strings wouldn't have that problem. I got away from the factory string and have no problem at all just saying. Other than that I can't see owning no other kind of crossbow but a Excalibur
Matrix 405// Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ south shore archery 18 in spinal tapps/ plastic nock/ sk300 vanes/ 92 grain insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

bigbowman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm
Looks like serving separation from when cranking a bow too far after the trigger sets. Seen that many times with people who bought new TenPoint bows with the ACuDraw.
Is that even possible to do with the new Cranking system on the Assassin?
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I am curious in regards to this type of warranty concern on such new bow .

Who pays the shipping costs $$$$ to Excalibur to have the issue resolved. :?:

Please keep us up to date on what it takes to resolve.
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 pm
I am curious in regards to this type of warranty concern on such new bow .

Who pays the shipping costs $$$$ to Excalibur to have the issue resolved. :?:

Please keep us up to date on what it takes to resolve.
Will do.
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

Just got notification to send my Assassin to their warranty center in Michigan. I was surprised they didn’t have me send it to Danny Miller in Ohio, I don’t know if that’s because of the claws located in the carrier and if it’s something that’s new in how they handle claims with the Assassin but it’s on it’s way back. Shipping to Mich is on my dime I guess and shipping back on their dime. Not a deal breaker for me just want my minor issue resolved in a fast professional matter and i’m Pretty confident Excalibur will do that. I think that’s one of the main reasons we choose Excalibur their exceptional customer service. I will keep you guys posted.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Sorry but if I paid $1600 + for a brand new bow and it doesn’t perform like it should, there’s no way in hell I'm paying any shipping for warranty work on a new bow! That is a joke I don’t care whom the manufacturer is!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm
Sorry but if I paid $1600 + for a brand new bow and it doesn’t perform like it should, there’s no way in hell I'm paying any shipping for warranty work on a new bow! That is a joke I don’t care whom the manufacturer is!
Have you ever taken your car in for warranty work and asked to be paid for your fuel costs to drive there? If so what was the outcome?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:03 pm
bigbowman wrote:
Have you ever taken your car in for warranty work and asked to be paid for your fuel costs to drive there? If so what was the outcome?
LOL!

I tried that and the answer was no!! Hehe
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

BTC624 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm
Just got notification to send my Assassin to their warranty center in Michigan. I was surprised they didn’t have me send it to Danny Miller in Ohio, I don’t know if that’s because of the claws located in the carrier and if it’s something that’s new in how they handle claims with the Assassin but it’s on it’s way back. Shipping to Mich is on my dime I guess and shipping back on their dime. Not a deal breaker for me just want my minor issue resolved in a fast professional matter and i’m Pretty confident Excalibur will do that. I think that’s one of the main reasons we choose Excalibur their exceptional customer service. I will keep you guys posted.
BTC624, just wondering who is the "warranty center" in MI?? Good luck on your bow...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Normous wrote:
bigbowman wrote:
Well that’s a ridiculous comparison! I’d take it back to where I bought it for a complete refund! That’s exactly why I don’t buy anything brand new of a certain amount of money online! If I spend $1600 on a bow, it will be local or I won’t buy it at all! Besides an automobile is not a disposable asset compared to sporting goods which are classified as such! It’s always fanboys that come up with such ridiculous comparisons! Not everyone wears blinders.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I've never had any one of my 10000 vendors pay for shipping on a warranty. Thays just not how the world works.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Normous wrote:
bigbowman wrote:
Well that’s a ridiculous comparison! I’d take it back to where I bought it for a complete refund! That’s exactly why I don’t buy anything brand new of a certain amount of money online! If I spend $1600 on a bow, it will be local or I won’t buy it at all! Besides an automobile is not a disposable asset compared to sporting goods which are classified as such! It’s always fanboys that come up with such ridiculous comparisons! Not everyone wears blinders.
You might be better off not trying to delude yourself as much as you do.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Ok if their service is so superior to any other manufacturer, why do they charge customers shipping fees to fix their defaults??? I have owned a Ten Point for 8 years now, had to send it in twice for warranty repairs. Once their fault and once my fault and NOT once was I charged shipping fees! Now that’s superior customer service! Oh yeah, I only paid half the price for my bow! So I guess that’s being “deluded”! Take the blinders off Normous! Call it what it is!
Normous

Post by Normous »

BTC624 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm
Shipping to Mich is on my dime I guess and shipping back on their dime. Not a deal breaker for me just want my minor issue resolved in a fast professional matter and i’m Pretty confident Excalibur will do that. I think that’s one of the main reasons we choose Excalibur their exceptional customer service. I will keep you guys posted.
Bigbowman, The shipping details are unknown if you would have read correctly before posting.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

I do not intend to offend anyone in anyway whatsoever. I hope we can have a good conversation without anyone taking words too personally, remembering that text does not convey inflection of emotion!
So, having said the above, and keeping in mind that I am taking what I said to heart, I would like to say something without trying to offend anyone.
I do find it surprising that some of us can be offended on someone else's behalf. The OP is an adult and has the right to be offended on his own by what is happening to his warranty claim. I do not think that it is my place to be offended on his behalf. I also believe that this man can also pick up the phone himself and call Peter and negotiate something between himself and Excalibur. If he does not like paying for shipping, I do not have the right to tell him to be offended. Something happening to a product that is spanking brand new and pretty much cutting edge is not new and it is obvious that the OP believed that when he bought one of the first bows.
Not to name names of anyone in particular, but, I find it bananas that someone might speak with some under earned technical knowledge about something like polishing latches. It does not take 10 seconds, one minute, 5 minutes or 15 minutes. If one were to ever polish a hundred or a couple of hundred latches by hand, he would know better. But anyone that would consider the very small percentage of possibly 30,000 to 40,000 bows that have rough latches, he would probably be more understanding.
Some people come here to learn about crossbows, some come to socialize, some come to share knowledge in earnest. But there is a small percentage that come here to dump there frustrations. While this might be fine in some very small degree, this hate that is dumped here offends most readers, some of them shy way because of this. Excalibur cares and they try hard, I know this for a fact! Every single employee that I've met are good, decent, hard working individuals and do not deserve to be crapped on, which is what is happening in some threads here in this forum.
I'll hop off this soap box and get to work on Boofest and the up and coming charity!
Thank you for reading and please be constructive, not destructive.
Some people just like stepping on rakes