Assassin String advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbowman

Re: Assassin String advice

Post by bigbowman »

Hearing directly from Excalibur has put all theories to rest! I’m happy to see that if it is a defective product that Excalibur will pay for all shipping costs! I never questioned the warranty or their quality just the shipping part just to be clear. That’s only fair the way I see it as a consumer! Thank you Peter for clarifying that from the company standpoint!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Post deleted... :roll:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

bigbowman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 am
Hearing directly from Excalibur has put all theories to rest! I’m happy to see that if it is a defective product that Excalibur will pay for all shipping costs! I never questioned the warranty or their quality just the shipping part just to be clear. That’s only fair the way I see it as a consumer! Thank you Peter for clarifying that from the company standpoint!

All I can say is WOW!!!
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 am
I've been away at a trade show and just read through this thread. First off, 50 shots from an Assassin string is not what we've been seeing in the extensive testing we did on this crossbow. I just talked to our team who did the Harrisburg show and they only replaced the string once and that Assassin did a ton of shooting. We have had an Assassin at the ATA show and a few other shows where they went through extensive shooting with no issues. So why this one is chewing up strings I have no idea but we'll figure it out. I tracked the RMA and have already spoken to our Tech in Michigan so I will personally watch this one.

BTW, we have a factory trained tech in our Michigan warranty center who is excellent and can look after any problem so no worries about who is doing the work.

Regarding the whole shipping discussion, our warranty states its the customers responsibility to get the product to us for any warranty consideration. If the problem is our fault we can discuss the shipping charges. We always try to be as fair as possible regarding warranty and many here can attest to that.

Can problems happen with any crossbow model, absolutely however I can guarantee we will do our best to look after issues as fairly and quickly as we can.

Peter
Thank you for taking a interest in this thread Peter, I have no doubt that my problem will be resolved in a professional and timely manner.
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

UPDATE
Well my Assassin is on it’s way back to me, Peter talked to the warranty depot who was doing the work. He said one of the first things they noticed was that I twisted the string in the wrong direction and that’s what caused my serving separation. He said they polished the latches for me (but said they appeared to be smooth :roll: ) Well like I said maybe on the second string when I tried to install the star string silencers maybe that’s what caused it BUT that still doesn’t explain the first string that was factory installed and never taken off or adjusted in any way. While I question some of their findings which is basically USER ERROR, I must say that the communication from Peter was outstanding and the speed in which my RMA was handled first rate. I can’t wait to get it back and put it through its paces.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds great, good luck, and look forward to more reports!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

We will be waiting with you. Thanks for the update
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
typical10

Post by typical10 »

So what direction should the string be twisted?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Looking at any end, counter clock-wise to shorten.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Normous wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm
Awshucks (RIP) used to say "Don't Sweat the Petty Stuff, and Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff".
:mrgreen:
I like to pet the sweaty stuff. :D
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Putting anything on rail or servings on my micro 335 chewed up the servings..
I talked to Danny Miller a few years ago and he said Jim let everything dry..
I do use just little wax on servings tho!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

sproulman wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:02 am

I talked to Danny Miller a few years ago and he said Jim let everything dry..
Well, if Jim said so! Who is Jim?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 am
Regarding the whole shipping discussion, our warranty states its the customers responsibility to get the product to us for any warranty consideration. If the problem is our fault we can discuss the shipping charges. We always try to be as fair as possible regarding warranty and many here can attest to that.

Can problems happen with any crossbow model, absolutely however I can guarantee we will do our best to look after issues as fairly and quickly as we can.

Peter
I can attest to this statement 100%!
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings