Assassin String advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Re: Assassin String advice

Post by LongCarbine »

Phone: 519-743-6890 | Email: [email protected]

Shipping costs for sending any item to Excalibur Crossbow for warranty consideration will be the responsibility of the sender. All shipping and handling costs for returning repaired or replaced product to the owner will be at Excalibur Crossbow’s expense.
Right from their web site :
I have never had an issue after contacting them , They have always been more than fair with me.
Jim
Last edited by LongCarbine on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

WOW .... LOL
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Look at just about every thread on this forum and you can clearly read the mighty defenders of the site or company as far as that goes! You can come here to praise but don’t dare ever tell the truth no matter what especially if it’s about a problem! Oh yeah, if it’s not your problem personally then you shouldn’t post about especially on someone else’s behalf! I finally get it, either praise or don’t say anything, that’s basically the feeling here. Got it!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm
Look at just about every thread on this forum and you can clearly read the mighty defenders of the site or company as far as that goes! You can come here to praise but don’t dare ever tell the truth no matter what especially if it’s about a problem! Oh yeah, if it’s not your problem personally then you shouldn’t post about especially on someone else’s behalf! I finally get it, either praise or don’t say anything, that’s basically the feeling here. Got it!
Wow ! I get it too .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Normous

Post by Normous »

Bigbowman, did you maybe miss Boo's post one page back? There is a lot of wisdom in that post if you read it correctly.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Well that’s a ridiculous comparison! I’d take it back to where I bought it for a complete refund! That’s exactly why I don’t buy anything brand new of a certain amount of money online! If I spend $1600 on a bow, it will be local or I won’t buy it at all!
Bigbowman, I completely agree. If I had bought an Assassin and I were offended as you are about this man's situation, that would be the appropriate action. There is absolutely no question that I would also buy it locally so that the bow shop and I owned any issues that come up. What you wrote above is so very well said!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

By the way, has anyone stopped to ask the OP if he is offended? Has anyone considered that we just might be embarassing this gentleman with all this haggling and possibly unwanted attention?
Careful guys, the OP has the right to ask that the thread be deleted and Peter will be compelled to do so upon the OP's request! :shock:
So lets keep a more calm and civil tone here. In other terms, lets be gentlemen. Cool?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 pm
By the way, has anyone stopped to ask the OP if he is offended? Has anyone considered that we just might be embarassing this gentleman with all this haggling and possibly unwanted attention?
Careful guys, the OP has the right to ask that the thread be deleted and Peter will be compelled to do so upon the OP's request! :shock:
So lets keep a more calm and civil tone here. In other terms, lets be gentlemen. Cool?
Good point.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm
BTC624 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm
Just got notification to send my Assassin to their warranty center in Michigan. I was surprised they didn’t have me send it to Danny Miller in Ohio, I don’t know if that’s because of the claws located in the carrier and if it’s something that’s new in how they handle claims with the Assassin but it’s on it’s way back. Shipping to Mich is on my dime I guess and shipping back on their dime. Not a deal breaker for me just want my minor issue resolved in a fast professional matter and i’m Pretty confident Excalibur will do that. I think that’s one of the main reasons we choose Excalibur their exceptional customer service. I will keep you guys posted.
BTC624, just wondering who is the "warranty center" in MI?? Good luck on your bow...
EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW WARRANTY DEPOT
2929 Lapeer Road. Unit #1
Port Huron, MI 48060

Don’t have a name of who’s actually doing their service work.
BTC624

Post by BTC624 »

Boo wrote:
Me Offended😃 nah to be honest I really could care less about some criticism from someone I don’t even know. It just really doesn’t matter. I said from day one when I received this that I would share my experience good or bad, if I was worried about somebody taking joy over a slight misfortune I wouldn’t have even posted my problem, Just wanted to share my experience. As for buying local I would for sure if I would have bought a Ravin R20, cams out of time, string and cable changes plus they have the Ravin vice which I wouldn’t want to buy BUT that’s another reason I chose Excalibur because I could pretty much just change a string myself, JUST didn’t plan on changing it so often😂 I’m sure it will get resolved and if that makes me a fan boy well Guilty as Charged, trust me there are so many bigger problems in this world that I could be dealing with, Don’t sweat the SMALL STUFF and if it isn’t Life Altering or Death then it’s SMALL STUFF👍
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

BTC624 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm
Boo wrote:
Me Offended😃 nah to be honest I really could care less about some criticism from someone I don’t even know. It just really doesn’t matter. I said from day one when I received this that I would share my experience good or bad, if I was worried about somebody taking joy over a slight misfortune I wouldn’t have even posted my problem, Just wanted to share my experience. As for buying local I would for sure if I would have bought a Ravin R20, cams out of time, string and cable changes plus they have the Ravin vice which I wouldn’t want to buy BUT that’s another reason I chose Excalibur because I could pretty much just change a string myself, JUST didn’t plan on changing it so often😂 I’m sure it will get resolved and if that makes me a fan boy well Guilty as Charged, trust me there are so many bigger problems in this world that I could be dealing with, Don’t sweat the SMALL STUFF and if it isn’t Life Altering or Death then it’s SMALL STUFF👍
Great reply and attitude BTC624

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

Awshucks (RIP) used to say "Don't Sweat the Petty Stuff, and Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff".
:mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
MicroMan355

Post by MicroMan355 »

Bcxbow wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm
BTC624 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm
Boo wrote:
Great reply and attitude BTC624

Billy
X2! Freethought is always appreciated @ this end... :wink:
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I've been away at a trade show and just read through this thread. First off, 50 shots from an Assassin string is not what we've been seeing in the extensive testing we did on this crossbow. I just talked to our team who did the Harrisburg show and they only replaced the string once and that Assassin did a ton of shooting. We have had an Assassin at the ATA show and a few other shows where they went through extensive shooting with no issues. So why this one is chewing up strings I have no idea but we'll figure it out. I tracked the RMA and have already spoken to our Tech in Michigan so I will personally watch this one.

BTW, we have a factory trained tech in our Michigan warranty center who is excellent and can look after any problem so no worries about who is doing the work.

Regarding the whole shipping discussion, our warranty states its the customers responsibility to get the product to us for any warranty consideration. If the problem is our fault we can discuss the shipping charges. We always try to be as fair as possible regarding warranty and many here can attest to that.

Can problems happen with any crossbow model, absolutely however I can guarantee we will do our best to look after issues as fairly and quickly as we can.

Peter