Crosman Recurve

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Crosman Recurve

Post by ko4nrbs »

Looks like the Chinese crossbow manufactures are moving into faster recurve crossbow designs with much higher draw weights.
https://www.crosman.com/new-for-2018/new-for-2018-archery/crosbow-primal-330?source=pepperjam&publisherId=43737&clickId=2236408423

It's not on Amazon or Ebay yet so don't know what the street price will be. Doesn't appear a crank is available for it.

Pulled this of the Crosman News site:
The Primal 330 has an aluminum rail with shoot through riser providing repeatability accuracy, integrated spring stops for a quiet vibration free shot and ultimate stealth performance. It also features a narrow 26.5” cocked/29” uncocked compression fiberglass limbs for compact mobility, an adjustable butt stock and an adjustable fore-grip with oversized finger guards, delivering a customized and comfortable fit.

Good copy cats are far as looks, etc. but when it comes down to performance and long term reliability I'll stick with Excalibur. My best deer hunting spot is a 16 mile round trip by boat so having a known performer is high on my list!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
bigbowman

Re: Crosman Recurve

Post by bigbowman »

Other than the long creep in their triggers, their Sniper 370 is quite the nice bow from what I’ve read from owners on many other forums.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ahhhh .......my vixen 2 dosnt feel threatened at all.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Lol ... not at all joe! That’s why I bought a Vixen II also!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

For the guy that shoots very little Chinese crossbows will do the job. However if you shoot alot I say "good luck with that".. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm
For the guy that shoots very little Chinese crossbows will do the job. However if you shoot alot I say "good luck with that".. Lol
Or "hold my beer" :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 pm
Other than the long creep in their triggers, their Sniper 370 is quite the nice bow from what I’ve read from owners on many other forums.
Many of the people buying the Centerpoint Sniper 370 invest in a better scope, trigger kit ($80.00), better string/cables and better arrows. These improvements make it a much better crossbow but the foundation is still a bargain crossbow. I applaud their efforts to improve their crossbows but I think the money is better spent on getting a better package the first time. Not meaning to rain on their parade just looking at it from a different angle.

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am
bigbowman wrote:
Many of the people buying the Centerpoint Sniper 370 invest in a better scope, trigger kit ($80.00), better string/cables and better arrows. These improvements make it a much better crossbow but the foundation is still a bargain crossbow. I applaud their efforts to improve their crossbows but I think the money is better spent on getting a better package the first time. Not meaning to rain on their parade just looking at it from a different angle.

Bill
This is true but remember, what's the first thing Excal owners do? Buy a Flemish string and replace the scope! That's a given on just about every crossbow sold. I for one am very happy with the packaged scopes that came on my bows! I love the Lumi-Zone scope on my Vixen and the Pro-View 2 on my Titan. ;)
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

bigbowman wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am
ko4nrbs wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 am
bigbowman wrote:

Bill
This is true but remember, what's the first thing Excal owners do? Buy a Flemish string and replace the scope!
True but that isn't really required to have an excellent shooting crossbow. My Exomax is all stock and I couldn't ask for a better shooting crossbow. On the other hand many of the low end crossbows suffer from mediocre scopes and arrows.

I guess buy what you can afford and be happy!! I'm happy with my Exomax but a 380 Matrix seems to be calling me more and more everyday. My brother buying one didn't help the matter either!!

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
SEW

Post by SEW »

You’ll not regret getting a M380. I haven’t regretted getting a M405 so much that I got a second one.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I’d love one too!
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Carbon Express has a recurve as well. I believe the XForce Heritage.

I believe it would compete, spec wise with the Grizzly and Grz2
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Sparkey wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Carbon Express has a recurve as well. I believe the XForce Heritage.

I believe it would compete, spec wise with the Grizzly and Grz2
May compete as far as specifications but long term reliability is still to be seen. These are new to the market so until they have years of use in the field under all kinds of conditions, such as the Excalibur models, they are unproven. Only my opinion.
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

May compete as far as specifications but long term reliability is still to be seen. These are new to the market so until they have years of use in the field under all kinds of conditions, such as the Excalibur models, they are unproven. Only my opinion.
Bill
I don't disagree with you in regards to reliability, which would be true of all new items.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
galamb

Post by galamb »

I had a good look at the Heritage at a buyers show back in December.

Felt good, balance was decent and it seemed reasonably well built.

I was considering adding it to the bunch we sell until I saw the price.

The "wholesale" was 20 bucks MORE then what I retail the Grizzly for. I said that to the Rep. He agreed that it probably wouldn't be a great seller unless they could cut the wholesale price in half. So unless they have managed to really knock the price down on the Heritage you would be getting about the same bow as the Grizzly, for a few more bucks and it only has a 5 year warranty. Not exactly going to give Excalibur a run for their money.

The specs for the Heritage are 305 fps, 200 lb draw, 29" wingspan/24" cocked - 15 1/2 LOP, 12 1/2" power stroke, 32 1/2" LOA - shoots a 20" arrow and weighs 6.9 lbs (bare) - minimum arrow weight is not in the spec sheet. I don't remember the MSRP but I remember thinking I would have trouble making a 12.5% margin if I put it on the shelf for $675 Canadian.

Crosman/Centerpoint didn't even have their 2018 line up available at the time of the shows.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS