WI xbow season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: WI xbow season

Post by xcaliber »

I will say that some companies can be blamed, but the bigger problem is the So Called Traditionalists. These crybabies cause more problems than anyone else. Realistically in most States the success percentage for archers is like 8% for many reasons. The vast majority of licenses sold are to folks that hunt public land. Scouting is pretty much a joke to be honest. It's PUBLIC LAND. On opening day who knows where the boys with Climbers are going to wind up, and the last day before season opens, stands pop up everywhere. Then you have the lost guys stumbling into your honey hole, and then the guys that just cannot sit still. All of this has an effect on deer movement, yada, yada, yada! :eusa-deadhorse:
The problem then erupts with the gunners that only gun hunt, they see some big boys taken with bows, crossbows, and freak out every year. Some states have an early muzzle loader season, and the rifle hunters cry about that too. The real challenge is on the States to propose minimum points, antler size, and buck harvests per hunter to get that big buck available through regulations on the little guys that get killed every year. Additionally, the states should really understand who is taking the most deer, and provide them more opportunities to thin the herds in heavily populated areas, and over more opportunities to hunt Urban areas that are over populated with bows, crossbows, and spears if legitimized.

JMHO! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

don't even get me started on that spear guy!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

elkaholic wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:40 pm
don't even get me started on that spear guy!
Threw that in to see if you were reading the entire post. :lol: :lol:
I hear you on the spear thing.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

SEW wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 am
ng opportunity at a more clement time of the year.
The legislation required the crossbow season

“clement” ?? Def: mild or merciful. Do most people know the definition of “clement”? I didn’t until I looked it up.
I had never heard clement used but if you think about it we have all heard of inclement weather.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

year before last 2 days before ml season i was bow hunting with a hoyt carbon spyder. well at the end of the day when i was loading my gear back in the wrangler i noticed a mini van parked next to me (public land). a hunter comes out of the woods with a Remington 870 all in camo gun to. that's a good month from shotgun season and land hes on is conservancy land deer only. i couldn't help but ask what season are you hunting? his answer was go puck your self i have had it with all the bow hunters getting the big bucks first. he had a gun i had arrows so i just said nothing and left. that night it bothered me figured i mite get shot with buck shot or some other hunter in low light condition by the guy. day later he was back funny thing the warden was waiting for him just at dark never saw that guy after that :eusa-shhh:
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

^^^ Strange coincidence that the warden would show up right about then. :eusa-clap:
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

We have an 800 number for game thieves. I would have tried to id him or his vehicle and reported him. As a side not I am almost always armed so his shotgun might not work out too good if he thinks I'm unarmed. Good on you for standing up for what's right...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Pure jealousy and greed. That is all it is. And the way to fast advancement of the crossbow. I will be attending and voting NO.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

The good news is that the WI DNR Spring Hearing results are in and the question aiming at restricting the WI crossbow season was defeated statewide by a vote of 3164 NO to 2660 YES.

(54 counties NO, 18 counties YES)

While it is a crossbow win for now, this will continue to receive pressure.

It seems to be driven by Natural Resource Board member Greg Kamierski, who apparently wrote the question and is clearly opposed to crossbows.

This guy will not give up.

And oh yeah, he owns an archery shop in Waukesha and along with vertical bows, sells those evil crossbows.

Go figure.

Here's a link to an article about the issue, the crossbow discussion is in the middle of the article (written before the results were in):

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/recreation/outdoors/patrick-durkin-wisconsin-s-annual-spring-hearings-more-poll-than/article_4ecbd9ea-401b-506f-a2ab-aa91505ca53f.html
Last edited by ThunderXB on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

https://www.buckrubarchery.com/

"The Midwest's bowhunting and CROSSBOW Authority".

Scroll halfway down on the face page where it says they won't be undersold on any bow or CROSSBOW.

But the owner wants to restrict the crossbow season and wrote the question promoting exactly that.

Where are the crossbow manufacturers?? HOW can they support this shop??

On one of their website pages it indicates they sell Excaliburs, Ravins, Barnett, Stryker, Mission & Tenpoint.

https://www.buckrubarchery.com/archery-equipment-pro-shop
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

It seems like we won the first step and now we have to see what the Gov. and the DOC says.
W.M.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Regardless of Monday night’s vote, it was put on the agenda for the meeting this morning at 8:30am in Madison which will have no public input! They just won’t give up!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Lets just hope it goes our way. I don't think it would hurt the olderly or the disabled . but a lot of young ones will be disappointed.
W.M.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Kaz is such a tool! They lost again! They will come back in two years with nothing just like last year and this year! He was trying to skew the numbers trying to make himself and the WBH look good but it didn’t work because people can actually READ! See them clowns in two years again! For now all hunting seasons stay the same for at least the next two years.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Hey Big where did you hear that? :o
W.M.