WI xbow season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbowman

Re: WI xbow season

Post by bigbowman »

Watched the webcast. The chairman pointed out that there can be no procedural vote before any legislation is involved.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

bigbow dude,

check your PM 8)
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

I just watched the crossbow portion of the webcast.

The individual pushing this is now going back to the DNR for more statistical information and I can guarantee that this will continue to be pushed even though new legislation may not occur for 2 years.

Two years will go by fast.

As I said, this guy will NOT give up on this issue and will continue to pound on it.

All Wisconsin crossbow hunters should keep a close eye on this as the issue progresses.

Bigbowman, thanks for the feedback and notification that there was a webcast available! :clap: :thumbup:
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

NP! Just sharing information! 👍🏻
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Mashstalker

Post by Mashstalker »

I'm a little late to the party, this will be my first crossbow season in WI, I bow hunted for years and got out of it because of pricks who think they own public land. I took up waterfowl and loved it till duck dynasty came around now that's way worse when it comes to pricks. I'm 36 and had neck surgery last year and lost all my seasons. I was drawn for bear this year so I bought an Excalibur, I'm excited for deer season as well as bear. What I'm not looking forward to is confrontations with bow guys who will see me with a Xbow not knowing I have limited arm strength. I've heard stories, but I'm sure where I hunt I'll avoid most people. I started packing in for ducks to avoid people, so I'm sure I'll enjoy my new hobby. That's the reason for my name on this forum. Good luck to all, I'm sure all this will pass in time
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

ThunderXB wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:58 pm
The good news is that the WI DNR Spring Hearing results are in and the question aiming at restricting the WI crossbow season was defeated statewide by a vote of 3164 NO to 2660 YES.

(54 counties NO, 18 counties YES)

While it is a crossbow win for now, this will continue to receive pressure.

It seems to be driven by Natural Resource Board member Greg Kamierski, who apparently wrote the question and is clearly opposed to crossbows.

This guy will not give up.

And oh yeah, he owns an archery shop in Waukesha and along with vertical bows, sells those evil crossbows.

Go figure.

Here's a link to an article about the issue, the crossbow discussion is in the middle of the article (written before the results were in):

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/recreation/outdoors/patrick-durkin-wisconsin-s-annual-spring-hearings-more-poll-than/article_4ecbd9ea-401b-506f-a2ab-aa91505ca53f.html
thanks, thunder, for the link. i enjoyed reading durkin's .02 on the issue. i agree, this kamierski guy sounds like a real tool who will not let go of his bias. i believe that xbows are going to be more firmly entrenched in the hunting landscape in 2 years (especially with all the xbows he sells :wtf:) and while we will need to stay on top of things, his crusade will be harder to accomplish.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Awesome news ! There is always one or 2 fanatics who want a certain agenda.

now if we could just get a crossbow season here in AZ.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Here are a couple more Durkin articles that are crossbow related:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/recreation/outdoors/patrick-durkin-increase-in-crossbow-deer-kill-in-wisconsin-is/article_64e3adaf-a301-5e55-a0da-d9ab7040e943.html

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/outdoors/2018/04/12/durkin-controversy-brings-out-crowds-dnrs-spring-hearings/512292002/

Here's a couple related WBH articles and pleas to restrict crossbows:

https://www.wisconsinbowhunters.org/presidents-message

https://www.wisconsinbowhunters.org/featured-articles

AND Mr. Kazmierski says the WBH is NOT behind this effort, sure!! :eusa-naughty: (BTW, he used updated versions of the EXACT same charts and graphs in his NRB presentation, he WILL NOT give up). :wtf:
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Keep the pressure on . It's not done yet. I just sent a letter to the N.R.B

I have been an avid archer since 1978 , I just love the sport . I had to give it up for several reasons. I then hunted with a crossbow in Michigan and Wyoming and enjoyed it very much . I was glad to see Wisconsin open up a season a few years ago . I see that hunters voted to keep the crossbow season the same , Stands to reason that it's the same as the compound and traditional archery season is . Same type of weapon . String, arrows, limbs, sometimes sights , releases or triggers, broad heads , etc....And for ethical hunters , short range . But I understand the issue that crossbows do not belong in the archery season is not over yet. I will get to my point . There is a member of the N.R.B that has been an anti crossbow proponent on social media for some time , Which he has every right to do . But to have him on this board and try to forward his agenda is not right . If not illegal. Mr. Kazmierski should recuse himself from this subject. or be remove. If for no other reason than to keep the board impartial and legitimate. I have nothing against Mr. Kamierski , He has done a lot for the Wi. Bowhunting Assoc. But to let him use his position on this board to move his obviously anti crossbow agenda ahead is just not right . Not right at all . Remember a good spin doctor can spin statistics to show anything you want them to. But the people voted on April 9th . And even with a question , miss leading as it was with hand picked statistics.They voted to leave the crossbow season alone . So please do just that.

Jim Anderson
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Mashstalker

Post by Mashstalker »

He owns Buck Rub outfitters and claims to not be under sold on crossbows. Maybe someone better than I could come up with a petition of sorts to have the manufactures of crossbows he sells withdrawn from his store. Hope Excalibur is watching this thread, Excalibur and Bowtech are listed on top of his manufactures list.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

bowsite.com..wow that tells it in a nut shell. bunch of cry babies :eusa-think:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Mashstalker wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:46 pm
He owns Buck Rub outfitters and claims to not be under sold on crossbows. Maybe someone better than I could come up with a petition of sorts to have the manufactures of crossbows he sells withdrawn from his store. Hope Excalibur is watching this thread, Excalibur and Bowtech are listed on top of his manufactures list.
I say let him sell all the cross bows he can it just makes the crossbow community who will vote pro crossbow in issues that much larger.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Stay updated guys, and good luck in the following years.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Mashstalker

Post by Mashstalker »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm
You weren't kidding, guy said he was gonna start a fight and the rehtoric is amazing. How many of these guys were at the compound meetings in the 70s? From what I hear(wasn't born yet) it was the same argument.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Mashstalker wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:43 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm
You weren't kidding, guy said he was gonna start a fight and the rehtoric is amazing. How many of these guys were at the compound meetings in the 70s? From what I hear(wasn't born yet) it was the same argument.
AND he is on the board !!!!! How can he have a say with that kind of bias ? I have written letters and called my rep . I don't know if it even matters anymore . If a guy with this much agenda can write public questions and ask for drafts to be written up . How can this even happen.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330