REVIEW OF SHEMPS DEER PIC'S

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Congradulations, nice buck for sure!

I see your like me,... take a picture while still in the field. Looking at your picture makes me think of this,.... over a year ago someone on here let me have it for taking a picture of my deer,.. I think it was mine or it could have been someone elses,... anyway he let me have it for taking the picture with the tongue sticking out because "it was disrespectful". Don't get me wrong I don't care, it doesn't bother me. i just find it interesting because I never heard that before, and I assume you don't follow that practice either.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Shemp

On a quick read of your narrative my first impression was that the deer was 50 yards away when you shot. On a reread I'm glad to see that I was wrong.

Clearly it was within range, and you were unlucky enough your deer jumped the string. A hunter has little control over that, except I guess, to pass on EVERY shot other than those where the game is not alerted to one's presence. That is hardly reasonable.

Your persistent tracking is a credit to you and your friends.

Moe, you were out of line. Assuming Shemp was accurate in his description of events, he can't really be faulted for the hit on his deer. He is to be praised for his stubborn and effective tracking.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

Post by #16 »

I"m surprized this thread has not been deleted :shock: :shock: .
You have a forum member post a picture for a guest who gives a long winded description of how it was harvested.
Some forums members and guests don"t agree with the description of the hunt or the
booze in the picture. So guest blasts forum members and guests.

( Something isn"t right with this )

Brad
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Well, Brad, there shouldn't be a deleted thread every time a disagreement arises.

There shouldn't be a deletion of an entire thread just because someone gets out of line and gets carried away in the way they express themself.

The only deletion, if a deletion has to occur, should be the deletion ONLY of the offending post(s).

No matter what else Shemp may have said or done to offend some, (and I wasn't offended), the description of his persistence in tracking till they found his deer merits the preservation of this thread.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

#16 wrote:I"m surprized this thread has not been deleted :shock: :shock: .
You have a forum member post a picture for a guest who gives a long winded description of how it was harvested.
Some forums members and guests don"t agree with the description of the hunt or the
booze in the picture. So guest blasts forum members and guests.

( Something isn"t right with this )

Brad
Where do it show booze :?: if ya talking about the brown bottle, my ROOT BEER come's in brown bottles.. and as stated before if ya don't like it don't reply....no disrespect intended seriously :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by #16 »

Gary

The brown bottle does not bother me, I have even drank a few myself over the years :wink: :wink: and no disrespect taken.

I guess what I don"t like is guests having a go at one another on OUR forum..

Brad
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

#16 I agree with ya :!: When one don't have too kog in before they post it opens a REAL LARGE DOOR :!: and that should be a ImageImage
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shemp

Moe

Post by Shemp »

To Moe

Well Moe you got one thing right my name is not Shemp its Cole.

As far as your comments about not being an " Ethical Hunter " however you are dead wrong. Each season I let many deer walk in an effort to make the herd better and in the hope one of my friends whom may of never shot a deer before will get one of em later.

FYI's I come from a family of butchers. This trade has been in the family for 60+ years and we have operated a full service slaughterhouse the entire time.

I can guarantee you I have forgotten more about how to ethically end an animals life than you can ever know.

I also could of lied and told every one here the deer died within 50 yards of where I shot him. However I told the truth as thats what happened and thats what should be shared among the people here. The moral of my story was no matter what the odds look like don't ever give up when you have an animal down and good things will happen.

As far as what needs to be deleted off this forum take a look in the mirror
and see how much support you have with regards to your
" Deep Thoughts ".

I am sorry that the rest of you have to read myself and this morons comments on this subject as it is crap. I will let it go at that...