Excalibur scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Excalibur scopes

Post by XB I GO »

Can someone discuss the difference between the Excalibur scopes, please? I read the specs for each but that didn't give me a real world idea of whether one is better than the others for clearness (I can't think of the right word) and strength to last a long time. Especially if you have more than one kind or had experience I would like your opinion as well as facts.

Thanks
xcaliber

Re: Excalibur scopes

Post by xcaliber »

Well, there are several different features. I think the Various - Zone is one of the best for no issues. Crisp glass, well they're not bad, but there are some way better at a decent price. What are you wanting in your scope? Illumination, etc. That would help drill down to a specific model for you.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I bought another crossbow that has a Tact-Zone scope. It didn't get here yet. I have a Nikon Bolt on my Axiom and a spare Leupold Crossbones that I recently bought. I think the Tact-Zone is 30mm but the Leupold is 1". I don't care about illumination, I never needed it with the Nikon. If I can't see good through the scope I am done for the day in the afternoon. In the morning, I never had trouble seeing at legal time. I am just trying to plan if I should stay with Tact-Zone, use the Leupold or try to trade or buy something else. I would like to dial in the sub crosshairs for my bow speed so they are on at the distances they represent. I have learned to act quick when Dad and my brother are on the same page!
Boo

Post by Boo »

XB I GO wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 am
I bought another crossbow that has a Tact-Zone scope. It didn't get here yet. I have a Nikon Bolt on my Axiom and a spare Leupold Crossbones that I recently bought. I think the Tact-Zone is 30mm but the Leupold is 1". I don't care about illumination, I never needed it with the Nikon. If I can't see good through the scope I am done for the day in the afternoon. In the morning, I never had trouble seeing at legal time. I am just trying to plan if I should stay with Tact-Zone, use the Leupold or try to trade or buy something else. I would like to dial in the sub crosshairs for my bow speed so they are on at the distances they represent. I have learned to act quick when Dad and my brother are on the same page!
I would prefer to use the Leupold scope over everything else you mentioned. It will be tougher and will manage light better.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I haven't used a Tact-zone so I am not qualified to comment on them. I am a "Leupold Guy". I like my Leupolds! I have a Crossbones that I like very much but my fave hunting scope is one of the Leupold shotgun scopes ( a 1-4x or 2-7x) with the Heavy Duplex reticle. I think that reticle helps much in the first few and last few minutes of legal shooting times. I was looking the other night, right at dark through a leupold 1-4x with heavy duplex and another brand scope that is illuminated, to see which one was better in low light. I could still see through the Leupold, and could still see the heavy duplex reticle fairly well. The illuminated reticle was of course easy to see, but the scope was pretty much black because of the lower quality optics. Finding the perfect crossbow scope that does everything that you might want to do with a crossbow is a tough quest.( not sure its been made yet) If you stick with quality optics I think you will be pleased which ever way you go, and for my two cents, Leupold seems to fill my needs.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Loopy VX1 2x7 is an outstanding glass fer the money. You can see the xhair past legal shootin hrs n before them at Dawn. Dependin on what model/fps you use will allow you hold under n over. I have it on my Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, i shoot out to 40 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

I believe you are correct about the Tact-zone having 30 mm rings and both the other two scopes you mentioned needing 1 inch, so in order to use them you would need to buy new rings. You have plenty of time before next hunting season so you might want to try out the tact-zone before changing the scope. You may actually like it. Try it out when there is low light situations such as just before dark or early in the morning. If I am not mistaken the Tact-zone has the lighted cross hairs but I am not certain. If you decide you don't like it you have plenty of time to change the scope out before hunting season.....Personally I would stay away from scopes designed for rifles as the mil-dots are not spaced correctly for a crossbow, they are set for rifles.

Also rifle scopes are usually much longer than crossbow scopes so that could be a problem for you when trying to position it on the crossbow to fit your comfort zone when shooting.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

I’m a 3d shooter and we shoot in a variety of different lighting conditions,
I’ve had a Leupold Crossbones on mine for the past three or four years.
Works fine ,great optics ,bright image does what it says on the box.
One the best scopes I’ve used
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have had/used the varizone, shadowzone, and the tactzone scopes and I liked the tactzone best of the 3. The tactzone I had was fine on my 330, but did not dial low enough to work on the 310 so I left it on the 330 when I sold it to my brother in-law. I have since replaced the shadowzone with a Hawke XB30 PRO SR. Its a very nice scope and I am very satisfied with it. I only hunt out to 40 yards but like to practice out to 60 yards and on very rare occasions have shot out to 80 and 100 yards with this scope.
(100 yards is too far to walk when I want to retrieve my arrows and target) :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: